The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Apple updates coming

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Hi All,

I just picked up the new Air, and it is a real demon on C1 :bugeyes: (which seems to use all 4 threads in the i7). My only problem (so far) is that it doesn't recognize the Lexar USB 3.0 Dual Slot Card Reader. It shows up fine on my older USB 2 equipped machines, but not on the new Air.

Anyone else using it on a new mac? I have a call in to Lexar tech support. I'll report in with any progress.

Best,

Matt

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Bummer Matt. Mine is working just fine on the 2012 15 inch non retina. Fast too just what I needed. I'm all done with FireWire 800

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
No joy yet with the Lexar (and no response from Lexar support! Grrr..) I hear that I'm not the only Macbook Air user with this problem.

The Transcend USB3 card reader, on the other hand, works just fine. It's not as well built, but I'll take working over dead any day.

--Matt

PS. I just chatted with Lexar Support. It's a problem of insufficient power from the port. They're working with Apple on a fix. I have no idea if this kind of thing can be addressed by a software patch, but I won't hold my breath.