The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pink Tractors for Breast Cancer Research

jonoslack

I'm not sure if Chugging is excusable here, if not I'll back off!

Still, I don't think anyone can complain about the cause:

Ladies Pink Tractor Run

The website is not terribly enlightening . . . unfortunately I said this to the organisers, so we are going to be taking it over after this run.

Emma is running the 20 miles (plus 11 there and 11 back) on her 1954 Fergie tractor - hopefully it'll make the grade!

I'll be doing some snapping (and of course I'll post them here). In the meantime I hope you'll all excuse my rather garish signature!

all the very best to all
Jono Slack

Diane B

For a non-Brit, some help here. What is chugging and what does one do on a tractor run? Is it a race, a display or parade? I showed David the website and his immediate response was 'there aren't a lot of David Brown's around here '[North Carolina, southern US] because of the mention at the top right of the page (and then lapsed into reciting old non common tractor manufacturers LOL). I agree about the site needing some redoing.

Good luck to Emma with her Fergie. I'm a sometimes reluctant operator of our old Japanese Hinimoto.

I'll look forward to your photos of the event.

jonoslack

HI Diane
chugging is a slang name for people who try and drum up charity donations on the streets (commonly known as chuggers - which stands for Charity Mugger). It seems particularly appropriate in this instance!

This is not a race - more of an endurance test! (7 hours on a hard metal fergie seat is not my idea of fun!).

For those who don't know what a 1954 fergie 4 cylinder diesel looks like, here is one:

Shashin

Jono, I hope you don't mind, but a couple of gallons of pink enamel might not be a bad idea. I think I would go into farming if the equipment was that cute. You would be the talk of the town...

Diane B

Enjoyed that of Emma LOL. Ours at least has a bit of vinyl over the seat and those metal seats are no fun, you're right. But what would a smallholder do without a tractor. Ours has the best spot in the barn.....

D&A

Jono, here I thought ridding 50, 60, even 70+ mile rides on my barely padded road bike saddle was painful enough. Emma is really making a sacrifice for a very worthy cause. She does looks great and wish her all the best!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Jono tell Emma my wife and I thank her for her efforts. My wife joins just about every race or walk for breast cancer. I got a lot of pink going on around here. LOL

marlof

I'm looking forward to the images of this very good cause. And don't even think about using the M9M there...

jonoslack

Hi Everyone
It'll be the M9p for sure (well, with a little Olympus stuff added in). Not much mileage in monochrome for such a run!

Please can I also thank
very very very
much those who have made donations - you know who you are, and a real heartfelt thanks from both of us.

jonoslack

Enjoyed that of Emma LOL. Ours at least has a bit of vinyl over the seat and those metal seats are no fun, you're right. But what would a smallholder do without a tractor. Ours has the best spot in the barn.....
Hi Diane
No vinyl . . . . but she does have a big pink cushion. I'm afraid I have the best spot in the barn . . . but the Fergie does get a good spot in the pole barn!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Good luck with the effort, both of you. There's of course only one camera really suitable for the job:

Now, load it with Velvia and get going :D

jonoslack

HI there everyone
Thank you for the donations - so much - Emma is now at £700!!

This is the first attempt at tractor decorating (iPhone snap) there will certainly be more:

monza

It's always handy to have a pink tractor available. However this one isn't tractable, so to speak. :)

jonoslack

The dog is waiting for its dye.
What an excellent idea - dyeing Caspar - splendid! on the other hand, dogs are seriously NOT ALLOWED on the ride, so it might only be good for the jest.

It's always handy to have a pink tractor available. However this one isn't tractable, so to speak. :)
Nice shot - if you can ship that tractor over here by Sunday I'll drive along with Emma!

all the best