The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Book Review!

HansAlbert

Godfrey,
this book review is sympathetic and, as an overview and introduction, decent. But your photos deserve a much closer look. You know what I mean because several times I've tried to come up with a reading. (I have added some to your photos in flickr.)
Here, in your new book, every single photo wins by the thoughtful compilation of the whole. Most of these photos, when I saw them one after the other, already subliminally referred to each other, though mainly, I let them impress me in their individual importance. Now this cross-fertilization between the single and the whole has attained a new level.
Unfortunately, I am slow in detecting and collecting the ideas your photos cause in my mind, and clothing them in words of the English language is a painful process for me. So I have to confine myself to occasional remarks. Your photos however do work in my mind; I remember one morning when I got up, and what crossed my mind as the first event of that day was an idea of an interpretation for one of your photos I had seen the day before without being able to make sense of it.
I wish you many open-minded "readers" coming up with many sharp-minded readings.