The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adopt a Classroom

stephengilbert

I just made a donation to Adopt-a-Classroom, an organization that allows you to give money directly to a schoolteacher in a school you select. I thought some of you might be interested in donating, for example to a school in an area that you have photographed. For example, there are Navajo schools in New Mexico.

You can choose a school by state, city, etc. Teachers who have enrolled list their students' needs, and how they'd spend the money. Your donation is given directly to the teacher, and they send you a report on how the money's been spent.

I hope this post isn't out of place.

kdphotography

Direct involvement and pride in schools is what makes a difference in the quality of public schools.

Thanks, Steve!

ken :)