The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Enjoying "self-birthday present #1" ... or

Godfrey

"Darn, I make funny faces when I focusing."

The obligatory "self portrait in the mirror" shots with the CL and both lenses ...

XP2 @ f/2 @ 1/60 s

XP2 @ f/4 @ 1/15 s

Happy happy ... The Leica CL body and the two M-Rokkors are a delight although you wouldn't know it from the face I'm making there. ;-)

Took me a week before I could pick up the CL and go shooting after it came in, took me another week to make 36 exposures with it. I've shown five or six of them so far (another coming up soon). These were my typical "ok lets see if this thing focuses accurately"—it's spot on. Very pleased. $320 for the body, another $900 for both lenses in mint shape (bought them last year, been using them with the GXR, M4-2, and M9).

The CL and these two lenses are the Right Size, and the Right Features. They do a terrific job. As I look at the now vast array of cameras and lenses I've accreted this past year and some, I wonder just how much better than this it can be.

The GXR-M with 28 and 50 mm lenses are the closest I come to this in a digital kit so far. The M9 is wonderful but a good bit larger and heavier. Well, if Leica ever does produce that digital CL, I'm first in line for it.

My previous CLs were both great cameras, and I'd forgotten how good. Now, ten-twelve years on, I am happy to remember again. I won't let this one go any time soon. :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Congrats Godfrey! I had a CLE and loved it, had both the 40 and 90 too!