The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hiroshima: The Lost Photographs

John Grow

That is a very interesting article.

I have had personal experience with images of Hiroshima. I traveled to Japan regularly for business and accidentally stumbled across an memorial for the 40th anniversary while looking for entertainment. Not reading much Japanese, I thought it was an art exhibit. It didn't take long to realize the truth. It was one of the most uncomfortable events I have ever attended.

O

Oxide Blu

What a wonderful article. Thanks for posting the link.

Like John, not sure I would be comfortable going to Hiroshima, tho I want to, in Aug when they 'remember'. I just tell myself it wasn't my war, wasn't my time, but I know it was necessary. It is strange, the overwhelming portion of the J population knows too but it is politically incorrect to say so. This year a ranking cabinet member in the PM's admin had to resign for saying the dropping of the A-bombs was justified and necessary.

Many folks don't know it but there are buildings in Hiroshima in which the rooms are filled with nothing but folded paper (origami) 'peace' cranes. People from all over the world send them to Japan, because of the bombs, supposedly never a one has been discarded (so the story goes). They are stored in the buildings.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
I do business with JSW and have been there. Beautiful city, the people are very gracious and hospitable. They made sure I had a day to see all the sites after business.