The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Lunar : they go defensive

fotografz

Just to remember - Italian design is actually something very valuable - "IF" somebody uses it for the right stuff in the right context - like this one:

http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/ferrari_laferrari-wide.jpg

or that one

http://www.carautoportal.com/car-im...izione/alfa-romeo-8c-competizione-picture.jpg

or this
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-e4Lx8EPHe...ss+by+Mario+Testino+for+VOGUE+UK+MAY+2013.jpg

or here
http://www.motorrad-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/MV-Agusta-Rivale-800-2013-2.jpg

the term Italian design - used with this Lunar is an offense for all italian designers who are proud on their work and the heritage of this nation of bella figura..
Based on those samples, maybe they should have made it Red ... and stuck a Ferrari logo on it?

Oh, wait, they already did that ... didn't work then either.

Hasselblad meets Ferrari

- Marc

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Based on those samples, maybe they should have made it Red ... and stuck a Ferrari logo on it?

Oh, wait, they already did that ... didn't work then either.

Hasselblad meets Ferrari

- Marc
And that was a great investment :ROTFL: Here's one that is for sale:

Hasselblad H4D 40 Ferrari Edition 29 499 12134051568 | eBay

And here's one who actually succeeded selling it, for more than a Lunar, but not by much:

Ferrari Hasselblad H4D Ferrari Edition 86 of 499 | eBay

Who wants a red Fuji camera with Ferrari and Hasselblad logos anyway??

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
One retailer that will sell the Lunar is Colette in Paris. Part of their description reads: "Nouvelle interprétation du légendaire 500C de 1957, ...". Yeah, right. But it gets better. Their English description reads: "A reworking of the legendary 500C from 1957, it the best device in the world to capture beautiful moon shots, and was chosen by Nasa for various space programs."

This must be one of their customers, right? (Grab from their website)

Ummm... actually, it's a Jeremy Scott creation. But it is the kind of stuff they sell, alongside this high-tech camera that has almost been to the moon.

V

Vivek

One retailer that will sell the Lunar is Colette in Paris. Part of their description reads: "Nouvelle interprétation du légendaire 500C de 1957, ...". Yeah, right. But it gets better. Their English description reads: "A reworking of the legendary 500C from 1957, it the best device in the world to capture beautiful moon shots, and was chosen by Nasa for various space programs."

This must be one of their customers, right? (Grab from their website)

Ummm... actually, it's a Jeremy Scott creation. But it is the kind of stuff they sell, alongside this high-tech camera that has almost been to the moon.
Just thinking if the Leica Mini M gets sold somewhere (Boutique shops).......

:loco:

Stefan Steib

Hi Vivek

after following your Colette, Paris hint I found their sales price for the Lunar which is 6500 € !!!! Wow -that´s even more than they announced.

But one positive fact to mention : at least they dropped the redgold/winered leather version.......

Thanks God. That was probably too distressing, even for this "design team".

:chug:

V

Vivek

Hi Stefan, We have to thank Jorgen for that link.

FWIW, the red gold is expensive!:shocked:

(So is the Ferrari's original red paint. Many may not know the cost of these. Really shockingly expensive.)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Have anybody noticed that none of the retailers selling the kit have the other two lenses. What are they thinking? They can't expect users to buy Sony lenses, can they? That will degrade image quality for sure! For all I know, off-brand lenses haven't even been tested on the moon :shocked:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
"The camera is equipped with DSLR performance made easy...". Must be the wooden handle. I want a wooden handle on all my cameras from now on if that increases the performance :lecture:

If that price is right, they have reduced it from what was first indicated. Now it's just 3 times as expensive as the outgoing Sony model :loco:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
"Our latest camera products, including our flagship H5D medium format series and our new and pioneering Lunar and Stellar consumer models... "

- Larry Hansen, CEO

What gets to me is how a man who for decades has worked at top level positions for some of the world's most famous, classic, high-end camera brands can utter such nonsense :confused:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Stuart Richardson

Every inch of that scene is ridiculous, which suggests to me that he did indeed buy it, or at least chose it. I don't think Hasselblad has the money to pay whatever David Beckham's advertising fees might be, and what they might offer is probably a blip on the radar compared to what he generally notices. If he was advertising for them, I am sure we would have heard more about it from them. Still, he seems to fit the demographic perfectly -- huge amounts of money and an emphasis on flamboyance over substance.