The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Lunar : they go defensive

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There is a Paparazzo every five feet in LA ;) They are ALWAYS around.
Yes, there are, but these are all 100% clean shots, perfectly in focus, and driving that motorbike around LA with a camera dangling around his neck, with the flash out... oh well, I guess it's just a different style from mine :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
If you thought a Stellar concept couldn't be improved upon, you were wrong. It has! Now, there's the Stellar Special Edition!

Hasselblad Stellar

Wouldn't that camera look more appealing if they made the Hasselblad "H" on the front even bigger? It's possible for sure :rolleyes:

PS. For those who think these posts reflect a negative attitude towards Hasselblad: This is all marketing and PR material that Hasselblad distributes from their Facebook page. I'm just helping them distribute it further, keeping people updated on Hasselblad's latest progress within the science of photography.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I keep telling myself that I shouldn't post links to Hasselblad's promotional photos here, but sometimes, they come up with things that are so sensational that my brain of very limited size can't really fathom the depth of this art. This time, they've asked a photographer named Ryan McGinness to take some photos with the Stellar for their series "Hasselblad Ambassador of Art". Again, this is a bit beyond my abilities, so I link to it here for reference only:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.498577973589083.1073741845.368027916644090&type=1

Oh, and apparently the top Swede, His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf, has a Lunar. It does make sense that he used the latest Swedish technology on his recent visit to Kyoto, doesn't it? Or should that be the almost latest Japanese technology when going back to Sweden :confused:

Photo from Hasselblad's Facebook page.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I know you have been waiting for this. Now, it's finally here:
For the Lunar New Year, the Lunar Limited Edition!

Hasselblad is really at the forefront of technology this time:
"The Hasselblad Lunar Limited Edition, bristling with latest capture technology and crafted in lightweight titanium, boasts a sumptuous, unique red Tuscan leather grip; a black leather shoulder strap accented with red stitching and an exclusive PVD matte gold-treated top plate."

I don't know what PVD is, but I'm sure it improves image quality in a revolutionary way. Did I mention that it's only EUR 7,200 plus tax? They must be wetting their pants at Leica now.

Hasselblad Press Lounge