The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

This forum...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
A FWIW for you Macallan 18 drinkers:

1) My local BevMo has a few bottles of it left in stock at $170.

2) I was just at my local Costco store, and they just got in Macallan 18 under the Kirkland label -- same bottle and says"Macallan 18, single malt, and "product of Scotland" all under the big red Kirkland -- for $70.

So my question is who is going to be the guinea pig for the Kirkland version?

BTW, I did buy the Kirkland label Vodka that was "Distilled in France" a few years ago and it was indeed Grey Goose at half the price. But rationally, if that sucked I could have used it for mixed drinks...

:D,

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I think there is a favorite saying about this but let me put it more succinct. Your buying I'm drinking.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

stephengilbert

Jack,

I own some Costco stock. I think if the word got out that you liked the scotch, that might be what we need to turn it around. So by trying it you'd not only be doing a service for mankind, but would be taking a small step toward economic recovery (mine).

Steve

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Steve:

Since you are the stockholder and have the most to gain...

:D,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack,
Didn't you clean off their shelves?
-bob
If you mean the Macallan, I like it very much, but for half the money actually prefer the Glenfiddich 21, GlenFiddich 18, and perhaps my favorite due to it's symphony of flavors, sherry-finished GlenMorangie 18. But at $70, the Macallan would be difficult not to enjoy :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I have a Johnny Walker Blue sitting untouched in my cabinet. I think this bottle is bound for Moab. LOL

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Oh heck yes! But with two nights on the road before Moab, I doubt it will make it to Moab!

:ROTFL:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Well, there is a package store in Moab where we can replenish our supplies.
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but I seriously doubt they'll have Hendricks, quality single malts or Blue Label ;)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Well what do you know -- and I happen to like that particular highland malt ;)

Ben Rubinstein

Don't like Macallan myself but heck do you guys pay a lot of money over there for single malt! Admittedly the price is more even now that the pound has crashed badly but in the good old days of 2:1, only a few weeks back, you're paying quite a bit more.

I suppose the ship must cost something but the UK alchohol tax is stupidly high to compensate...