The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

This forum...

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
...really should be named Midday Cafe. Those of us with an interest in landscape and outdoor photography would feel awkward sitting out a sunset in a bar. :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Ah, but just look over your shoulder to the west patio.... See the nice covered platform we built for you to shoot from? Note that the west patio is reserved for photographers and is even replete with a fully-stocked honor bar!

:ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Also you are forgetting the push up tripods in the floor. Plus we even installed a gradient filter shade for the whole patio to shoot through.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
But do you have draught Guinness?
Not at the honor bar, sorry. You have to go to the bar downstairs for that. We used to have it up there, but had two issues: One, keeping the screens in the tapper clean so the head creamed properly and two, keeping the non-photographers off the shooting deck!

Robert Campbell

What sort of bar has no Guinness...nowadays there are real Irish bars everywhere...and yours has nothing to drink. I suppose there's no Murphy's or Beamish either :thumbdown:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Ahem!

What sort of bar has no Guinness...nowadays there are real Irish bars everywhere...and yours has nothing to drink. I suppose there's no Murphy's or Beamish either :thumbdown:
Sir, I am insulted! We proudly serve Bushmills, and the 16 yr old single malt to boot. We also have Smithwicks (admittedly a can, sorry) at the honor bar.

:p

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hey the other co owner is Italian . On my side of the bar i serve Espresso, Italian Pastry, Sambuca and cigars. And if you are really good than you get the Negroni cocktail is made of 1 part gin, 1 part sweet vermouth, and 1 part bitter (normally Campari). It is considered an apéritif, or a pre-dinner cocktail intended to stimulate the appetite.
After the success of the cocktail, in 1919 the Negroni Family founded in Treviso, Italy a company named "Negroni Distillerie" (Negroni Distilleries) and created a product ready to use called "Antico Negroni 1919".

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Why on earth would you ruin a perfectly good shot of gin with *sweet* vermouth and Campari?

robsteve

Subscriber
Ah, but just look over your shoulder to the west patio.... See the nice covered platform we built for you to shoot from? Note that the west patio is reserved for photographers and is even replete with a fully-stocked honor bar!

Reminds me of the workshop in San Juan. That was a classy hotel with a greas sunset view deck and great honor bar!

Robert

Lars

Sunset is close to 4pm up here, so technically it's almost midday. OTOH the sun never gets more than four fingers above the horizon this time of the year, and it's cloudy and drizzling all day anyways, so one might as well stay at the bar all day.

Guinness wouldn't be my first pick for breakfast though - I have a case of vintage 2000 Carnegie Porter that is almost matured, it makes Guinness seem a bit watered down. :D

If I named a bar for photographers, it would be "Manual Exposure". :)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
From time to time, I set up in a corner of the bar and pour bone-dry Hendricks martinis with a slice of cucumber and of course without vermouth. We also have stocked Oban, McCallan, Talisker, Dalwhinnie, Laphroaig, Auchentoshan, Bowmore, and occasionally a bottle of Royal Lochnagar if the Queen hasen't drunk it all.
-bob