The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Philosophy of the passion for our trade

Ben Rubinstein

This is a quote from the blog of Scott Adams, creater of Dilbert. No idea if it's his originally his older but it's just about the quintessential philosophy behind the love of photography, especially for those of us for whom it's already a day job...

"So when people ask how they can find their passion, the answer is that your passion finds you, as long as you can free up your schedule from the "must dos" enough to let it in."

I found it very powerful.

Don Libby

Great quote.

I never really understood it when people would say they love their job or loved what they did until I started doing landscape photography full time; now I can’t think of any I’d rather be doing.

don

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Me i just want to shoot, at the end of the day it all that really matters everything in between is meaningless. You can quote me on that.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Much like Joseph Cambell's, "Follow your Bliss...." Follow your bliss. If you do follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while waiting for you, and the life you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you can see that, you begin to meet people who are in the field of your bliss, and they open the doors to you. I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be. If you follow your bliss, doors will open for you that wouldn't have opened for anyone else.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I have just too many hobbies
...some pay better than others :ROTFL:
-bob