The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographic Collective Nouns

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I've been spending the day trying to sort through my camera bag collection and it struck me that there must be a collective noun for camera bags.

I'm going to coin the term: "An embarrassment of camera bags" - it seems to fit my situation. :facesmack: :ROTFL:

Any other ideas?

GrahamWelland

A satis superque of bags?
:thumbup: Although it probably applies more to my digital back collection rather than camera bags.

I've come to the conclusion that whatever term applies to Tribbles (of Star Trek fame) applies to my camera bags because my downstairs office and storage tubs look like they've been overrun by a black collection of them, about two feet deep.

D&A

Expressed slightly differently with regards to my personal situation of camera bag hoarding.....it's simply "an embarrassment of historic proportions" :)

Dave (D&A)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I think maybe a "Superfluity of Camera Bags" applies to me ;)

Of course I just finished shipping off three I sold over the weekend, so maybe I'm now down to an "Adequacy of Camera Bags."

Now, do we use the same collectives for tripods, or do we need new ones that actually spell out the count? Personally I think count here is in order, so I'd have either a "Trilogy" or "Quartet" depending on whether or not tabletop pods count. (Actually, it might be a "Quintette" -- crap, need to go inventory!)

:ROTFL:

GrahamWelland

I generally find that when I whip out the GT5561SGT with full spikes & Cube plus the RRS with Arca B1G on it then the term 'Intimidation of tripods' applies. :eek:

Thinking about it, maybe a 'Workout of tripods' is more appropriate. :D

D&A

A "gaggle" of bags would be another way to put it! A gaggle can apply to a group of anything but when commonly used to describe a group of geese, it's at least 5. In my case, I problaly have 10 groups of 5 bags...so therefore I have at least 10 gaggles in groups of 5...LOL!

Dave (D&A)