The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

loading images to gallery and threads

jlm

Workshop Member
my present technique is:

to gallery:
choose category
then up-load button;
then one-line/one-image at a time, give path(s) to my images by selecting one from my hard drive viewer, in the appropriate folder
then submit

when going to my hard drive to locate the next image (usually in the same folder) i also have wade through my hierarchy every time rather than re-landing in the last folder as default

if there is a way to batch load, when i have 40 images this would be very useful

to threads:
in gallery i copy the url for the image (one image at a time)
then create the post, using the "mountain" to paste in the url
then post it

if i have more than one image in the same post, i have to go back to the gallery, get the next url copied, go to the post, hit "edit" insert new url, etc.

any way to streamline this, so i don;t end up going back and forth between gallery and the post...?

thx

Last edited:

Hosermage

John (right?),

When I post images from the gallery, I open two browser window(tabs). One tab on the gallery page, ready to get the image url using right click. Then switch to the other tab where I'm composing the message to paste in the url.

On my mac, once I chose a file to upload from a directory, the next time it will open back into that directory. If you know the file names, you can quickly type it and it will scroll to files that start with those keystrokes. If you type too slowly, it will just jump to files starting with that letter.