The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture Integration in Carmel CA

Don Libby

Just got off the phone with Ken and we have the following thoughts...

We are planning on meeting everyone at the parking lot for Sutro Baths as close to noon as possible. Sutro Baths for anyone who hasn't seen them is a crazy place right on the water which offers great opportunities for b&w, infrared, as well as color. This should also be a great place to breakout the tech cams.

The second place after lunch is the Golden Gate Bridge - you can't come to SFO and not see or least attempt to capture this bridge. Leaving SFO and heading south on the coastal highway with a stop in the Half Moon Bay area for dinner before continuing south to shoot Pigeon Point Lighthouse at sunset; and from there into Carmel/Monterey area. Plan on Friday being a somewhat long day.

Saturday we meet at Ken's Studio around 6 a.m. before heading out for the day.

We'll have printed itineraries that will include contact information available Friday when we meet. Which brings us to the Big Sur area on Saturday. Cell phone service is only slightly better than 2-tin cans on a string. Text messages work sometimes better than actual cell phone so if you're trying to contact us please be patient.

Don

Recommendations for hotels are listed above....

Don Libby

Not certain this has been said however we are completely SOLD OUT! Dave says that we were sold out in 2-very short weeks. Actually we seem to have more than what we (Ken & I) anticipated. :facesmack:

Don

Also please remember that when you PM about this please do so to both Ken (kdphotography) & I so that at least one of us can answer promptly.

kdphotography

Just thought I'd share a couple quick snaps of Don snooping out some of the locations in preparation for CI in Carmel... That first location with the Sea Stacks isn't the most difficult, maybe an eight on the difficulty scale, but the scramble up and down the cliff wall certainly is not for the faint of heart. :)

kdphotography

Bummer about the FPS---you must be on backorder list, right? :ROTFL:

Not much consolation, but at least you'll get a new CI in Carmel rain shower cap for your Alpa... :D

ken

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
He needs a whole row. LOL

Wish I could be there but ill be down the road a bit in Santa Barbara. Have fun folks

Don Libby

Scouting this morning at Garrapata State Park - Phase DF/IQ160 80mm f/8 1/180 ISO50

The real fun begins in 48 hours :D

kdphotography

I just thought I'd put up some images from last weekend's CI in Carmel 2013. I invite others to do the same and share!

I did get to try the new Phase/Schneider 240LS. It's a beast, but well balanced with the DF camera body. Beautiful lens. I would have liked to try it out the LS with strobes but was too busy running around. Quick three shot pano. Pigeon Point Sunset. DF, IQ180, 240LS.

Don Libby

My absence from the board and this thread has been due partially to working in an area with spotty internet before coming down with a cold from hell. We're back home recuperating and have just begun to take a look at the images shot. These were both from Sandy on Friday night. More to come.....

kdphotography

You missed a great tour at the RRS facility, John! Of course, Don went down with us to RRS in San Luis Obispo and missed the tour anyway. It's sorta intimidating when some 6'9" guy is following (stalking) the employees around the facility and won't leave unless he has a TVC-34L tripod in hand... :D

And yes---they do have a machine shop there.

ken

Don Libby

Wanted to share these from CI in Carmel.

Dave working out the back of his truck...
Kristen double checking something....
Dave over looking Pigeon Point Light House and barley able to walk let along hobble down there...
I'm acting as a shade for Graham...
Just some of the things Dave brought with him; this was taken shortly after the table was picked clean..
Ken helping Kristen with long exposure off a Leaf back at Pfeiffer Beach.

More to come.

:D

kdphotography

I would post a few but they are NSFW.
-bob
Whoa. You spent a whole weekend in a landscape workshop and all you have are NSFW images to show for it?? :D Of course, we all were taking bets on how long it would take Bob to convince the park ranger at Fort Point/Fort Mason to take off their clothes and pose for him with the Golden Gate Bridge as a backdrop.... :ROTFL:

Seriously, though, Bob---you took some really beautiful and tasteful figure images of Sandra. Definitely worthy of sharing.

ken

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa. You spent a whole weekend in a landscape workshop and all you have are NSFW images to show for it?? :D Of course, we all were taking bets on how long it would take Bob to convince the park ranger at Fort Point/Fort Mason to take off their clothes and pose for him with the Golden Gate Bridge as a backdrop.... :ROTFL:

Seriously, though, Bob---you took some really beautiful and tasteful figure images of Sandra. Definitely worthy of sharing.

ken

Ok, I did, they are in the NSFW forum.

fotophil

I finally finished processing my Carmel Files. It was a great weekend meeting some great photogrphers. Many thanks to Ken, Don and Capture Integration for making it happen!!