The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

So... How's the "End of the World" treating you?

Godfrey

:)

In the spirit of our post-apocalyptic sublimation, I'm going to take one of the cameras out this evening and go shooting at the annual "Christmas in the Park" brouhaha in downtown San Jose.

Which camera I take out is a big question mark. I'll figure that out when I get home from work.

We should celebrate the End of the World every year!

yours in the abyss,
G

Shashin

Although, it is not the only time the world ended this year. Apparently it also happened when Sony announced the RX1.

jsf

My mother-in-law turns 91 today. Our best friend died in a plane crash. We adopted two more cats. It is grey and rainy. I guess it is just another end of the world kind of day. Joe

fotografz

:)

In the spirit of our post-apocalyptic sublimation, I'm going to take one of the cameras out this evening and go shooting at the annual "Christmas in the Park" brouhaha in downtown San Jose.

Which camera I take out is a big question mark. I'll figure that out when I get home from work.

We should celebrate the End of the World every year!

yours in the abyss,
G
It's 8:22 EST 12-21-12 ... it ain't over until it's over.

In a way it is the end of the world ... I actually like a camera with an EVF :eek:

I'm off to a local survivalists bunker ... they are selling skids of canned food for a dime on the dollar :ROTFL:

-Marc

Maggie O

As a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs, I can tell you the end of the world has been going on for the last three years. ;)

DavidL

I'm in South West England where it could be happening, as it hasn't stopped raining since well before the event. Haven't gone out to see if anyone is building a big boat and am having to turn to Rob McKenna for reference now. Rob was unaware of it but he was a rain God. For more information consult your copy of The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

"Rob McKenna had two hundred and thirty-one different types of rain entered in his little book, and he didn't like any of them.
He shifted down another gear and the lorry heaved its revs up. It grumbled in a comfortable sort of way about all the Danish thermostatic radiator controls it was carrying.
Since he had left Denmark the previous afternoon, he had been through types 33 (light pricking drizzle which made the roads slippery), 39 (heavy spotting), 47 to 51 (vertical light drizzle through to sharply slanting light to moderate drizzle freshening), 87 and 88 (two finely distinguished varieties of vertical torrential downpour), 100 (post-downpour squalling, cold), all the seastorm types between 192 and 213 at once, 123, 124, 126, 127 (mild and intermediate cold gusting, regular and syncopated cab-drumming), 11 (breezy droplets), and now his least favourite of all, 17.
Rain type 17 was a dirty blatter battering against his windscreen so hard that it didn't make much odds whether he had his wipers on or off."

Tim

I was going to take photos on the 21st but thought what's the point? :facesmack: :LOL:

Last edited: