The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Problem staying logged in (Google Chrome)

emr

Something strange is happening with my browser and the GetDPI forum. I'm using Google Chrome and until yesterday I had no problem staying logged in on the forum. However, I half-accidentally applied a browser setting that deleted all off-line content, cookies and such. So I was of course logged out of every forum I frequent. After that I changed it back and after logging in once, I again stay logged in on every other forum except GetDPI. Every time I start a new browser tab and open the GetDPI forum front page, I see myself as logged out. I log in (keep logged in checked of course) and the forum tells me "thanks for logging in, emr" or something like that. And then it re-opens the forum frontpage where I am logged out again! But the funny thing is, if I click the today's posts link, it shows today's posts and me logged in??? I have tried everything I can figure out with my browser, logged out, removed the cookie, checked and rechecked the browser settings, logged in again and it's the same.

Any idea what on earth is causing this? Is it some web cache problem?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
It may be, but we did make a recent change and that is we are now at www.getdpi.com instead of forums.getdpi.com.
Please update your bookmark and let me know if it still happens.
thanks
-bob

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I reproduced your experience with chrome and indeed, it is the url in your bookmarks list that needs updating.
Safari does not seem to care.
-bob

emr

Bob, I just noticed that while changing the saved bookmark mostly corrected my problem, the "Forum Home" link in the upper bar still links to forum.getdpi.com/forum and using Chrome, I'm again logged out going to the forum home this way. Is this a Chrome specific problem?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Bob, I just noticed that while changing the saved bookmark mostly corrected my problem, the "Forum Home" link in the upper bar still links to forum.getdpi.com/forum and using Chrome, I'm again logged out going to the forum home this way. Is this a Chrome specific problem?
OOPS, thanks that is a bug on our site.
-bob