The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Changing Camera OSes

Tim

As a gear-head I change cameras (from different brands) at various times and find I often struggle with the shift in operating differing cameras. There was a time when it would have been no problem, but now I sometimes hesitate during the image making process particularly with "Now, where is that exposure comp dial?"
All the cameras are different after all. If this does not affect you at all, then you are lucky IMO. The delay while not long it sometimes flows on and rushes the process.

The Ricoh GRD affects me the least, and the X100 is also less of an issue but sometimes I have to stop and dig for some setting or wheel on the OM-D or the DP2.

I am interested to hear your experiences on this.

Shashin

I have not found it difficult moving from one camera to another. There aren't an infinite numbers of ways you can design a camera and they tend to operate more or less the same way.

iiiNelson

No problem with the menu system here either. Button familiarity is more of a problem for me with newer cameras at first. Fortunately I've mostly worked with Leica and Panasonic the last 5 years. The menu isn't all that different between them.