The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Re: Testing...Please Ignor this Post

D&A

Steen, you also have some vertical banding in your shot too! :) Looks like I have to wait one more day to see if I can post properly...all a bit fustrating!

Dave (D&A)

ustein

Contributing Editor

>probably just some camera shake,

You can apply for a patent: Selective camera shake :)

D&A

Check your e-mail Dave!
Thanks Don, I just responded to your "PM"! I really appreciate everyones offer to help...just confirms what a great bunch of people we have here on GETdpi. I'm attempting to both learn and accomplish this on my own, as a learning experience for someone who is not exactly a computer wiz when it comes to hosting/websites, FTP and the like, even though I am "forced" to use them quite often. :). I'm sure at some point when utter failure hits, I'll come kicking and screaming ...and oh yea, begging for all your help.

One can always place a bet on a long shot that I succeed...although if it was me I wouldn't bet on it...LOL! Have a lot of "real" work today so not sure exactly when this will get done, but it will, one way or another in the next few days. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying seeing all these test shots from you've all kindly posted from the new Leica M240 ("M") camera...LOL...and thanks for letting me waste all this bandwith by starting this thread :)

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Well...drum roll please...(don't you just love how I'm making such a big production out of something that child's play for most here?)..the image you've all been waiting for...out of focus, horrible white balance and a subject that people long to look at! Actually a test shot taken years ago with a Epson RD-1 rangefinder testing to see if an aftermarket battery would fire the shutter.

Actually my two original hosting sites don't seem to allow capturing the URL (coping and saving the image's HTTP) of a single image for hosting to another website, just the folder's address....and copy and pasting the web address of the image doesn't work. I need their sites for the privacy concerns of some of the well recognized individuals/groups I often photograph. I'll keep working on it though. In the meantime I took the easy way out (cause it's the only thing I'm capable of figuring out at the moment) and linked the image to GEtdpi through Flickr.

I had a few questions for those that use Flickr as a hosting site:

1. It seems the largest sized image I can display on Getdpi thru Flickr is the one shown here? I often see even larger images than the one I posted, in some of the Getdpi forums, but I asssume this can only be accomplished if the image hosting site is GEtdpi itself? Is this correct?

2. I've also noticed with Flickr, that the max sized image one can capture (save) the HTTP in order to upload to GETdpi is approx. a little more than a 1000 pixels on the long side (with their free account). Does anyone know if I signed up for Flickr's Pro acc't, will it allow a larger sized image to be uploaded (coping and saving the image http) in order to post a little bit larger image Getdpi? I'm not refering to the size image that can be clicked when viewing images on Flickr itself. Any suggestions in this regard would be appreciated.

3. With Flickr's free acc't, they don't allow uploading of Raw files...just Jpegs and Tiffs. Does anyone know if with their Pro acc't, can Raw files can be uploaded?

Thanks for any assistance to these questions.

Last edited:

Shashin

OK, A lightbulb finially went on (in my head)...very finny! Keep in mind this only applies to this joke...for everything else I'm still stumped. Glad you could all add your two cents. Next post I expect to see is from someone screaming out "three cents":ROTFL:
You are the man and this thread is the bucket...

monza

I had a few questions for those that use Flickr as a hosting site:

1. It seems the largest sized image I can display on Getdpi thru Flickr is the one shown here? I often see even larger images than the one I posted, in some of the Getdpi forums, but I asssume this can only be accomplished if the image hosting site is GEtdpi itself? Is this correct?
This one is 1280 wide, hosted by Flickr

monza

2. I've also noticed with Flickr, that the max sized image one can capture (save) the HTTP in order to upload to GETdpi is approx. a little more than a 1000 pixels on the long side (with their free account). Does anyone know if I signed up for Flickr's Pro acc't, will it allow a larger sized image to be uploaded (coping and saving the image http) in order to post a little bit larger image Getdpi? I'm not refering to the size image that can be clicked when viewing images on Flickr itself. Any suggestions in this regard would be appreciated.
I have a pro account and it's possible to link to the original image URL.

Example, 2926 pixels wide.

Last edited:

monza

That's weird, when I edit the previous post, it expands to full width on my monitor.

How wide is it on everyone's monitor?

monza

3. With Flickr's free acc't, they don't allow uploading of Raw files...just Jpegs and Tiffs. Does anyone know if with their Pro acc't, can Raw files can be uploaded?
Doesn't appear to be so, tried both Nikon and Fuji raws via the Flickr web upload method, those file formats were grayed out, and files were not able to be selected for upload.

Uploaded using the Mac Mountain Lion direct method, it uploaded data but the image never appeared on my photostream.

monza

4. Lastly, if anyone does click on the (my) large sized GETdpi posted image, it takes them immediately to the FLickr website with the image. Is there any way to preventing this?

Your post has an link enclosed by a [url] link (I've added a space in 'url' and 'img' so the image isn't displayed so the code is visible.)

[ur l=http://www.flickr.com/photos/92271157@N02/8387520034/][im g]htp://farm9.staticflickr.com/8468/8387520034_6a1fe0d2b3_b.jpg[/i mg][/u rl]

If you don't want a click to open a new window to the image on Flickr, just use the [img] alone, don't enclose it with the [url]

D&A

Hi Monza,

Thanks for all your responses, truly appreciated! I'll have to determine if its worth going to a Pro acc't simply to post slightly larger images here on Getdpi. Your final response regarding how to make my posted image "not clickable" back to the Flickr website and/or where the entire url for my image is shown, I didn't follow. Not because of your explanation but my limited knowlege in this area. Tomorrow morning when I have more time, I'll re-read your explanation and try and figure it out and try what you suggested. Thanks again!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

You are the man and this thread is the bucket...
Hi Shashin,

I thought originally I got the joke, but now I'm not 100% certain...LOL!

Just one question, are you saying "I am the man" (related to the story you told)...or are you saying "I the man!" :) (cause I finially figured how to post a full size image...LOL! This is all too much!:facesmack:

Dave (D&A):

monza

Hi Monza,

Thanks for all your responses, truly appreciated! I'll have to determine if its worth going to a Pro acc't simply to post slightly larger images here on Getdpi. Your final response regarding how to make my posted image "not clickable" back to the Flickr website and/or where the entire url for my image is shown, I didn't follow. Not because of your explanation but my limited knowlege in this area. Tomorrow morning when I have more time, I'll re-read your explanation and try and figure it out and try what you suggested. Thanks again!

Dave (D&A)
The simpler explanation:

enclose the URL of your image in between img and /img as shown below

[im_g] htp://imageURLgoeshere.jpg [/im_g]

note: remove the underscores

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Testing...Please Ignor this Post

That's weird, when I edit the previous post, it expands to full width on my monitor.

How wide is it on everyone's monitor?

On my monitor your picture is 1200 pixels wide.

The reason is this: if your picture is longer than 1200 pixels at the long edge it will on GetDPI automatically be shown as downsized to 1200 pixels probably in order not to slow down the access to pages containing many pictures.

(For the same reason I believe we were once asked to avoid posting pictures larger than 300 Kb but I don't seem to be able to find that rule anymore. Am I simply wrong about this ?)

Described here, especially see post # 4 http://www.getdpi.com/forum/1081-post4.html

There is one single exception from the above rules: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/artful-...era-warning-very-large-files-posted-here.html

monza

What's bizarre is when I edit the post with the 2926 pixel image, and then save the edit, the window expands to fill the entire width of the image.

I guess there is some forum image resize code that is not being called after such an edit, but it is called when the page is refreshed.

I can't easily demonstrate this, as the photo becomes too large. :)

D&A

Hi Monza,

I tried your suggestion regarding putting my URL for my image between
(which flickr actually does when I click on the "Share" function and then copy the HTTP/BB in order to post an image here on Getdpi). I tried some of the other options under the Flickr's "SHare" function (other than coping using the HTTP/BB option under "Share"), none of them is successful in posting an image. If I do as you suggested and leave the
on either side of the url, then an image shows up on GEtdpi with on both sides of the image. If I eliminate the [img]'s, then the image still shows up but without the [img]'s on either side of the image....yet in both cases, one can still click on the image to take them back to my Flickr acc't. That's what I'm trying to avoid.

I clicked on your link for the instructional video, but only a page full of unrecognizable charaters shows on on my monitor.

Lastly, The largest option on Flickr to capture the HTTP/BB is approx 1024 pixel on the longest side...so I would assume the images larger than this, that get posted on GETdpi, aren't coming from Flickr acc't but some other hosting site?

I certainly don't want to take up everyone's time with this and again thanks for all the suggestions.

Dave (D&A)