The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Re: Testing...Please Ignor this Post

D&A

Monza, got it! Based on your suggestion I clicked on "insert an image" here on Getdpi and pasted the HTTP/BB link captured from Flickr. After doing this, I removed the entire 1st half of the HTTP/BB link captured in the "Share" function on Flickr, before posting here. The first half of the link captured from Flickr appears to simply be there so one can click on the image to take them to the Flickr website. By using on the second part that has the extension .jpg (jpeg) surrounded by
does the trick. It leaves a non-clickable image! That seemed to work and my image shows up without being clickable. Now I don't know if its possible to post an image larger than 1024 pixels when captured from Flickr this way since a larger option isn't avaialble when clicking on the "Share" function and capturing the HTTP/BB...only up to 1024 shows up (or smaller).

Again I just tried clicking on your link yet of the instructional video you posted again but the vidoe doesn't show up. I assume it shows exactly what you described and I apprently did just now? Thanks!!!!!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Hurray! :clap:
Huh? Hurray is all I get? No lens, no prize, no shiny red apple? LOL!

Thanks for your help too Viviek! everyone has been extremely supportive. My better half is Dutch, but after all these years, beats me how to say thank you (in Dutch). As you can see..with both languages and computers, it takes me a long time to "get it"! :)

Dave (D&A)

V

Vivek

Huh? Hurray is all I get? No lens, no prize, no shiny red apple? LOL!

Thanks for your help too Viviek! everyone has been extremely supportive. My better half is Dutch, but after all these years, beats me how to say thank you (in Dutch). As you can see..with both languages and computers, it takes me a long time to "get it"! :)

Dave (D&A)
Dave, The only language that I am fluent in is English. Although, currently, the accent is not recognizable, even to me. A bit of everything from all over the place with the majority having a resemblance to the American left coast version. :)

Look forward to seeing more of your pics! :)

D&A

Dave, The only language that I am fluent in is English. Although, currently, the accent is not recognizable, even to me. A bit of everything from all over the place with the majority having a resemblance to the American left coast version. :)

Look forward to seeing more of your pics! :)
Thanks Vivek! When I saw you were in the Netherlands, I just assumed you might be Dutch :) My "right coast" accent hasn't left me either...at least everyone tells me that! Thanks again and although posting will be slow going at times (with a crazy daily schedule) at least I can make some contribution to all the fabulous images being posted here on Getdpi by everyone else.

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Monza, That's an academy award winning video!!! and explains things perfectly and is another way to post a non clickable image. One issue though! When I follow the instructions to the letter and right click....I absolutely do not come up with the option to "Copy Image Address"....not even as a "grayed out" choice is evident.
Either this is becuase I am on a PC, not MAC (but that shouldn't make a difference) or its becuase I have only a free Flickr acc't, not a Pro Flicr acc't...but not sure if thats the reason why. This has me stumped.

Dave (D&A)

D&A

:chug: :watch: :clap: :D
Don, that made my day !!! Thank you for all your help and suggestions too, greatly appreciated...except do I detect some blown highlights in a number of areas on the upper portion of the apple? :) I'd at least have thought I was worth your using your MFD for capture?...LOL!

Anyhow, a round of drinks on me for everyone, whenever the opportunity arises to meet up. :chug: Till then...

Dave (D&A)

monza

I just created a free flickr account and uploaded an image with the resolution of 5472x3648.

Here are the image sizes available from the free flickr account:

monza

Monza, That's an academy award winning video!!! and explains things perfectly and is another way to post a non clickable image. One issue though! When I follow the instructions to the letter and right click....I absolutely do not come up with the option to "Copy Image Address"....not even as a "grayed out" choice is evident.
Either this is becuase I am on a PC, not MAC (but that shouldn't make a difference) or its becuase I have only a free Flickr acc't, not a Pro Flicr acc't...but not sure if thats the reason why. This has me stumped.

Dave (D&A)
Not sure, I don't have a PC here to test. :)

However, just open a new window...and copy the URL...

Here's another youtube for you. :)

alternate - YouTube

D&A

I just created a free flickr account and uploaded an image with the resolution of 5472x3648.

Here are the image sizes available from the free flickr account:

I know. from my free Flickr acc't I can click on one of my images (exactly as you instructed) and I can come up with all those options too and have one of those sizes come up on my screen. The issue is when I go to "right click", I have absolutely no option or choice to "Copy Image Address". It's simply not there (not even as a grayed out option). Only "copy" is there and thats of course not it. This is where I am "stuck" so to speak. How to figure out why "Copy Image Address" is not an option when I right click on any size image of mine. OK, just saw you posted another video, let me have a look and see if there is a workaround...be right back!

Dave (D&A)

monza

What browser are you using? When I use Chrome on my Mac, the options are different (it says Copy Image URL instead of Copy Image Address.)

Perhaps Chrome works similarly on a PC.

In any event, try the youtube video in the previous post. That method works in any browser. :)

Don Libby

Don, that made my day !!! Thank you for all your help and suggestions too, greatly appreciated...except do I detect some blown highlights in a number of areas on the upper portion of the apple? :) I'd at least have thought I was worth your using your MFD for capture?...LOL!

Anyhow, a round of drinks on me for everyone, whenever the opportunity arises to meet up. :chug: Till then...

Dave (D&A)
You wanted shinny!

btw - this was captured using a dual 12 core PC with a mere 96 GB RAM processed using C1 Pro 7.2 then over to CS6 before heading your way.

:D

D&A

OK, had a look at your second video. If I bring up any sized image as shown and right click, the option to open in a new window is "grayed out". At least the words are there...not like the previous option your described of "copy Image Address", which is not seen in any form (grayed out or not). Since the option to open in a new window isn't available, I simply copied and pasted the web address on the top of the page of the larger image and then tried posting on Getdpi. It doesn't work! :)

Even if I could open in a new page and copied the link on the top of the page (which should have been the same as my coping the large image's link at the top of its original page, I woudl assume I'd get the same results.

Dave (D&A)

monza

Yes, you have to copy the URL that has the .jpg extension at the end.

Hold on, another vid coming up :)

Also, what browser are you using?

D&A

You wanted shinny!

btw - this was captured using a dual 12 core PC with a mere 96 GB RAM processed using C1 Pro 7.2 then over to CS6 before heading your way.

:D
Then I eat my words (and the apple). I'm honored that you used all that "firepower" to bestow such a lovely apple in honor of my acheivement....which probably any 3 year old today could easily do (host an image from Flickr on Getdpi). The next generation of kids will probably laugh at the equipment we all currently use. :ROTFL:

Dave (D&A)

monza

Here you go.

bbcode - YouTube

Select the desired size, and copy the code.

Then paste into your post on the forum.

This will give you a clickable image, of course.

You'll need to parse out the actual URL with the .jpg file extension, and put that between the img and /img markers, as outlined earlier.

Easier: Copy said URL, and use the Image Insert icon.