The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My absense from the forum: Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Normally I would not post this but I have been gone for awhile now and as one of the founders that is very active here on the forum I figured now that the dust has settled and let folks know what is going on. As most of you know my wife is a surviving cancer patent from 2010 both breast and lung which where two separate cancers and just before Christmas she got a all clear finally. Well Jan. 1st our year did not start very well. Nancy was leaving for LA to do her convention for models and talent that she produces and I usually go a couple days later to help run the show. I'm going to make this story very short but let me say right off the top there are several miracles or lets say extreme good fortune here as the beginning sounds horrendous .

As she was boarding the plane with a employee she had a seizure waiting in line to board, she actually had two seizures than transported to a emergency room where I got there before the ambulance and had a third in front of me. On further tests Nancy had a huge mass on her brain. Almost a half dollar in size BIG. I'm cutting out here about 30 hours of complete incompetence of a local hospital but we did transfer her to Barrows Neurological institute and got one of the best surgeons in the country. During surgery the tumor basically fell apart which was a extremely good thing as it left no damage. She actually went to her convention 3 days after surgery and did awesome and last Friday we went in to do a radiation treatment called Gamma Knife which through amazing technology cleared any remaining cancer cells on her brain , she is actually considered cancer free for now. she will get MRI's often once every 3 months for a year to see if anything comes back which there is a chance but they can do the same procedure again. She is living some miracles and as I heard often already from her mouth" I'm a ****ing walking miracle". LOL

She is doing awesome but by law she is not allowed to drive and needs seizure medicine for 90 days to make sure that seizure occurrence was not permanent. So obviously you know where I have been and my absence here on GetDPI.

Sorry for the long story but its actually pretty short as a lot has transpired the last 4 weeks.

I have to say I have witnessed some absolutely amazing technology and extreme talent through this process and its just simply amazing this field of medicine. I give anyone my most extreme appreciation for wanting to be or in this field of medicine. You folks truly rock the world.

Thanks in advance for your love and support but I'm just going to lock this thread as I don't want to make a big deal of this and I just don't have time to read it now. Please carry on and I will be back soon. Love to all.
Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.