The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Login issues with Firefox?

vickko

I'm having login issues with Firefox.

I log in and the page comes back, but I'm not logged in.

I successfully logged in with IE.

Anyone else suffering this with Firefox?

And it has always worked before this.

....Vick

vickko

Huh?

I'm logged in.

Looks like after I log in, it goes to the original page, and appears like I'm not logged in.

But if I go to a forum through another link, I'm in.

Weird.

Leigh

Firefox is just pulling the previous page up from cache, and of course that shows you as not logged in.

Refresh the page (Ctrl-R) or go to another page.

- Leigh

Ben Rubinstein

Same thing happening for me on multiple computers, the front page never shows logged in, once I click on a sub forum or thread it shows me as logged in.

Godfrey

Happens to me too, with the iPad Safari browser. Works fine with OS X Safari browser.

Consistency is a desired goal... :)

monza

Yep, it's been this way for ages. Main page says I'm not logged in. Click on 'new posts' and suddenly I'm in. Safari/Mountain Lion.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Login issues with Firefox and other browsers ?

Back in January I couldn't make the new url address work on my pc so I just continued using the old url.

Now I have just tried the new url again and now it seems to work fine, it immediately recognised my login.

So try this and see if it works:

(1) change your bookmark from forums.getdpi.com to getdpi.com

(2) empty your cache

(3) try a new login