The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wow, Missing Camera Found!

D&A

No, Not my digital camera and although it would have been a feel good story for the New Lecia M, since it's their first that's water resistant, this one was lost almost 6 years ago while diving in Hawaii and it washed up on Taiwan's shore's where it was found by employee of China Airlines. They offered an all expense paid trip for the owner to pick up her camera! Wonder what brand of memory card was used as that also would be a big plus for the card manufacturer in advertising and I'm sure the camera manufacturer too! I haven't had time to read the entire article yet but apparently the camera was in one of those small underwater housings. Still, thats a long time to be under sea water, Oh the camera? Canon Powershot!

Link to article and accomompanied new video:

Camera Lost On Hawaii Vacation Washes Up In Taiwan With Photos Still Intact (VIDEO)

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

biggest points to the waterproof housing maker :D
Agree, but can't imagine that the salt water environment didn't have some corrosive impact on the camera itself during that time, not to mention the memory card.

Dave (D&A)

BenH

I read the article about the camera on petapixel.com and followed a link to Hawiinews where there was another link to a slideshow of the images on the card. No telling what kind of shape the camera was in, but the images on the card appear to have survived the underwater journey.