The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Forum design/layout

gerald.d

Hi - we don't appear to have a "Feedback" forum here, so I guess this is the best place to post this.

Relatively minor point, but it is something that's been bugging me for ages.

I don't think the forum layout is quite how it should be - particularly for those who frequently view the forum on an iPad in landscape mode.

I'm pretty sure the intention is that the 3 banner ads at the top of the forum, and the 5 box ads for the site sponsors, should each take up only the vertical space as per the height of a banner/box ad, no?

Because these two sections are effectively double the height that they would "appear" to be designed to be, it means that together, they take up nearly the entire height of Safari in landscape orientation on an iPad.

To see even the top-most thread in any forum, you have to scroll down, thus removing the ads from view, and presumably lowering their impact.

Just a thought :)

Regards,

Gerald.