The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sunset bar: the perfect car in which to watch the sun set

bradhusick

Please delete this post if I have violated any rules. I don't mean to offend anyone.

Stephen, is your car unique, rare or special in any way that would interest our colleagues here?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Please delete this post if I have violated any rules. I don't mean to offend anyone.

Stephen, is your car unique, rare or special in any way that would interest our colleagues here?
Well... there are cars and there are cars. It's certainly not a Nikon, so wouldn't fit there :)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Not really, having owned one of those.
There is not enough room in the boot for anything bigger than a box of tissues.
-bob

kdphotography

Not much of a trunk, but I do believe it will hold a Phase One Pelican roller case. Yup, I think it does indeed qualify as a camera holder! :D

This is scary.

Nice convertible, $35K

IQ260/IQ280, +/-$35K

:eek:

bradhusick

Not really, having owned one of those.
There is not enough room in the boot for anything bigger than a box of tissues.
-bob
But much more importantly, there's plenty of room in the passenger seat for one of Bob's photo models!

D&A

LOL! When I finished reading this thread on your Roadster M on a iPad and had finished, I must have inadvertently touched an unopened tab while not looking or paying attention which took me to a LUF page who's thread was entitled "cleaning the "M". When I looked up, the first and only thing I could think about was "hmm, did Brad post A silimar thread about taking care of his car (a BMW "M") on LUF?

Brad is your car other than condition and added accessories a regular BMW M or is the Roadster a special model? The reason I ask is becuase at a local car dealer appro 2-3 years years after this model was initially released with less than 19,000 miles, was selling it at a rediculously low price and needless to say I was this close to considering. The car was immaculate inside and out....silver with black interior and sold within 24 hrs.

I guess having a "M" can have many meanings. Especially if
you say to someone you have a silver "M" or possibly two :).

Dave (D&A)

bradhusick

Dave, I just realized I have two immaculate silver "M"s on sale!

This car is completely stock except for some minor additions. The reason the price seems high is that the 2002 model was the last year for this car. There were fewer than 200 made for North America, and it has the M3 engine producing 315 HP in a tiny car. Earlier models had a 240 HP engine. It's also a show winner and perhaps the finest example on sale anywhere.

I did train in car detailing with one of the top ten detailers in the US. His concours detail takes 2.5 days to complete. It's an art, and for me it's rather cathartic, like cooking. My wife thinks it's a complete waste of time to clean a car.

I think maybe I will offer the Silver M9-P for $40K and I will throw in the car for free. :)

Brad

D&A

I think maybe I will offer the Silver M9-P for $40K and I will throw in the car for free. :)

Brad
Brad I like your way of thinking :). I also love to cook so maybe you can throw in a home cooked gourmet meal of yours to seal the deal...LOL! Better yet, offer to serve that meal for two under the stars in the potential buyer's new BMW "M" convertible :)

Dave (D&A)

bradhusick

Great idea. If the buyer is in the Seattle area I will include a gourmet picnic for two for the buyer of the camera + car.

Good thinking, Dave.

kdphotography

Did Guy buy the car---to get the camera?

:ROTFL:

Must have been the gourmet picnic. Don't forget: all commissions go toward Guy's technical camera fund... :D