The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pricing prints for corporations

danielmoore

I'm meeting shortly with a person who sells artwork to corporations and I need advice on how pricing should work. For argument's sake I'll call the prints 4'x6' in size. She deals with banks, hotels and the like. I haven't a clue what to charge in this situation.

robertwright

There are a number of photo reps who work on a freelance or project basis for commission. They could help you price the work and deal with the corporation.

Why I say this is that if you really have no idea about pricing then it would be worth the 25% commission (typical) to get their advice and negotiating power. They will ask for amounts you are probably not familiar with, especially if you are dealing with for example hospitality industry, buying for a hotel chain for example, or buying for corporate art collections, some serious money involved.

they will also ask the right questions with regard to usage and build quotations that are useful to the buyers.

there are many pitfalls in negotiation- I've made them all. I'm only starting to feel comfortable after 15 years doing this and there are jobs large enough where I would not hesitate to involve a rep in this way- ie; large advertising and corporate gigs.

One rep that might do this is bill cramer at Consulting | Wonderful Machine Photography Blog

also another rep is frank meo at
The Photo Closer

I have no affiliation with either - I've met frank once.

I'm meeting shortly with a person who sells artwork to corporations and I need advice on how pricing should work. For argument's sake I'll call the prints 4'x6' in size. She deals with banks, hotels and the like. I haven't a clue what to charge in this situation.