The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Non-Business Camera Insurance?

fotografz

Hi all, as mentioned in my Hasselblad sell-a-thon, I'm more fully retiring this year and getting back to photography for the fun of it ... and I may teach a little bit.

I've always carried a hefty Professional Studio Package business insurance through Fireman's Fund ... which is obviously over-kill now.

How do you folks insure your gear both at home and on the road?

Thanks for any insights,

-Marc

fotografz

Not doing weddings any longer Ben. I have one this year that I booked long ago, but nothing to pay some big insurance bill over.

I stopped all marketing efforts back in November 2012 ... not that would have made any difference, since I haven't had a call for a wedding in 4 months.

I'll still need personal liability, but I have that already for $2 million.

-Marc

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Marc,

I added a personal property policy to my homeowners....only for camera equipment. Had to show receipts for all the equipment.

Which reminds me...need to update as most of my current equipment is not listed.

Covers on the road....

Bob

bradhusick

I have a cameras rider on Fireman's - I just list the dollar amount and don't need to keep updating the inventory.