The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

b/w laser printer for mac

jlm

Workshop Member
am fed up with my canon d680 not having mac drivers!, and since it's toner just died, ($150 bucks) am thinking of simple getting a office new printer, would prefer letter and 11x17, only monochrome needed.

any ideas?

I've been using a Lexmark E260dn for 3 years with my Mac and never a hiccup. No driver issues at all. Went with Lexmark because that's what the local Apple store used in their business.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I can't suggest the right one for you but I can say that my experience with Brother brand laser printers hasn't been great. I bought mine at a big box store after deciding to retire my ancient SCSI-connected HP laser printer. Now I wish I had the old one back. The Brother is loud and causes a virtual brown-out in the office when it gets ready to print. And the interface is gooey, not GUI. FWIW.

Tim

weinschela

Subscriber Member
My experience with Brother laser printers (really MFDs) on Macs has been just fine. They are plug and play, OS X loads new drivers when they are available, and it just works. The Brothers are relatively inexpensive and toner, etc is easy to find.