The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What's happened to the Range Finder Forum?

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
For the last three days, I've been unable to reach the Range Finder Forum.

Anyone know what's going on with them?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
No idea, but it is totally DOA... Maybe lost their domain registration OR couldn't pay the hosting bill.

Speaking from new-found experience, there is a *lot* more to hosting an online forum than one might think. I spend a good 20 hours per week managing stuff behind the scenes and there is basically no revenue for that effort. Add in site hosting costs and it definitely is a labor of love, not income ;)

Cheers,

M

Mitch Alland

It may be back, but let me tell you that the Small Sensor Forum here is a lot better than their Point and Shoot Forum: I posted the same five GR-Digital II ISO400-800 pictures in both and after two days had 1,200 views here, including some useful comments, against 1 view on the Range Finder Forum.

—Mitch/Bangkok
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10268776@N00/

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Nice to hear that Mitch , we are slowly growing but the more important part is we have great members and what Jack and i have hoped for was this is a place to make friends , share and learn. Your comment just made our day. Thanks Guy