The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

AA2306

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Flight AA2306 Eagle/vail to Dallas...electrical failure,cabin loses pressure,plane dives from 30K to 1500 ft ,emergency landing in Amerilo Tx. M8s function perfectly (OK the photographer was trying some deep breathing during the cabin pictures).

Scary part ...seeing the guy in the flame retardant suit .

4million miles and I never used a mask before...yes its supposed to go over the nose..

Roger

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Geez Roger that was not fun at all. I can see in Carolyn face why the heck are you shooting. True photo journalist.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Then to top it off ..we connected to Dallas....then hours late the flight to Atlanta had a fire in the cargo hold that filled the cabin with smoke....before we got on. So the next leg we have a smoke smell in the cabin.

I used to do around 100 flight segments a year and never had a mask drop.

Now I have to get Carolyn s pictures ...and show her how the mask works.

Really wasn t that bad as the pilot dropped the altitude and then the masks were not required.

O

Oxide Blu

I thought the bag was not supposed to fully inflate?!? That's what they say when they demo how to put on the mask, "the bag will not fully inflate".

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I thought the bag was not supposed to fully inflate?!? That's what they say when they demo how to put on the mask, "the bag will not fully inflate".
IIRC, it inflates if the person wearing it is hyperventilating... Also why they say over the nose and breathe normally :)