The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Well written about Kodak

Shashin

I was in Rochester in the 80s. Kodak was the great yellow god. An amazing place doing amazing stuff. I can't imagine that town now.

V

Vivek

That town had 3 gods, with Xerox and Bausch &Lomb. Even when I visited there ~ decade ago, they were pinning their future on printing and said that film will not die. Looking back at how archaic the thinking was (of one of the research divisions), combined with the infamous management, the results are not shocking.

What was shocking to me was that such mega companies were built and they flourished for so long in such inhospitable (frozen) conditions!

Stefan Steib

I was attending a summer course at RIT in 1982. That was the center of photography wolrd back then. Rochester was like a big humming machine, I still cannot believe what happened.

Sad