The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Last call for alcohol! (or in this case, MOAB!)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi all!

Just a quick note to let you know that Moab is just a month away and we still have a few spaces available. So if any of you are sitting on the fence, consider this a final push to join us! LOLOLOLOL!

Seriously, we'd LOVE to have a few more folks join us for this awesome excursion, so check your schedules and try and make some room for it.

Best,

Jack and Guy

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yea stop buying lenses and put your money where it counts, how to use them.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Seriously love to see a few more folks come and get a great learning experience and a damn good time to boot. Guy

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Wish I could have joined you guys, hope you all have a ton of fun!

Gotta work, unfortunately. We have a major product release on the 15th and there's no way I could be absent...

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Bad timing for me too, but I'm jealous of everyone who's going to be there. I look forward to a chance to make one of your workshops. Are there others in the works for 2008?

mwalker

Subscriber Member
I have a prior commitment or I would go. I'll try to attend the next workshop. Jack, Guy any idea what / when the next one will be?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Guys:

we're working on the schedule for the rest of 2008. Some of it depends on weather patterns for planning, so we don't want to say too much about exact locations yet. We are looking at doing at least 5 more workshops this year, and the possible locations range from Death Valley or Joshua Trees for a spring desert bloom, to the Oregon Coast later spring, another Southwest trip in June (possibly Grand Canyon), possible Canadian Rockies, dedicated Photoshop and printing workshops, one in Carmel, a second in Sedona, working right now on a possible Maine Fall color workshop with alternate activities for spouses/significant others that might be interested... Also working out the details right now for a possible spring 09 extended workshop to Ecuador with a cruise to the Galapagos!

D

DougDolde

June is not the best time for the Grand Canyon. You will have bare blue skies and possibly a lot of haze as well.

Better to wait until the monsoon season which is typicelly July and August (maybe Sept also).

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Doug:

Thanks, we're aware of that and it's why I stated above, "depends on weather patterns." That said, I have seen that often by late June the air is unstable enough to generate significant clouds --- and let's face it, "normal" weather patterns are changing anyway ;)

Terry

Jack,
What is the best season for the Oregon coast? I need to mentally block some time :clap:. I drove up from San Francisco to Bandon Dunes for golf a few years back. Would love to go back to the coast for photography.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
"Best" depends on what your goal is :D For beachcombers, the best time is July/August, but of course that's when it's busiest with other people...

For photographers, I would say mid May is good -- some fog, less chance of rain and few people since it isn't warm yet. The inverse, mid November, is good too, but you run a higher risk of storms which kills photographic opportunity.

Terry

"Best" depends on what your goal is :D For beachcombers, the best time is July/August, but of course that's when it's busiest with other people...

For photographers, I would say mid May is good -- some fog, less chance of rain and few people since it isn't warm yet. The inverse, mid November, is good too, but you run a higher risk of storms which kills photographic opportunity.
Great...I look forward to hearing more!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Great...I look forward to hearing more!
Terry,

We'll actually be polling the Moab group for input on the schedule ;)... An alternate coastal venue is the California coast, primarily in and around Big Sur, but possibly covering from Carmel south through Morro Bay depending on how much time we want to spend...

For reference, the section of Oregon coast I would cover is the Southern end, starting from the California border.

Cheers,