The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Restored Images

ced

For the friends on the other side of the pond.
Some wonderfully/lovingly restored images of your photographic heritage from the turn and early 1900. I hope all visiting will enjoy seeing the crispy sharp details in some of them.
(Wrongly misplaced initially).
Photos I Like: HISTORIC PICTURES RESTORED

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Stunning, utterly fantastic.

We'll never see the likes of that quality again.

It seems like photography has been going backwards for the last 100 years or so!

My favourites? Nos 1 to 100 inclusive:)

That could be me holding the dark-slide sheath and shutter release in 038!

Shashin

We'll never see the likes of that quality again
??? You can simply make the emulsions yourself and get an old camera from ebay. Photography back then was not rocket science. The formulas and chemistry are readily available. Lots of photographers today are using old processes. I would not think this has disappeared. I would say to go for it if you are interested.

Shashin

Making it yourself will produce emulsions with a limited spectral response which gives these images their look. HP5 will not look like these photographs. It is not just a matter of the size of the camera.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Making it yourself will produce emulsions with a limited spectral response which gives these images their look. HP5 will not look like these photographs. It is not just a matter of the size of the camera.
I assume you are right, but still, size will make a difference. Other Ilford emulsions are available too. FP4 would be interesting.