The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DJI Phantom Quadcopter

Don Libby

After months of drooling I finally ordered one with a GoPro HERO3 Black Edition. I guess you can say I'm adding an air wing...

Anyone else here this crazy? :chug:

Don

stephengilbert

This is not the place to ask whether photo purchases are crazy.

What a wonderful addition to Iron Creek Photography. Just what you need.

Shashin

Not buying a camera would be crazy!

I was looking at a fixed wing camera platform--they fly so much faster.

stephengilbert

Just remember:

Never use the DJI Phantom Quadcopter with your GoPro camera when both devices have their Wi-Fi systems turned on. The DJI Phantom's Wi-Fi and the GoPro camera's Wi-Fi run on the same frequency, so if you use them together when both Wi-Fi systems are engaged, the DJI Phantom's transmitter will lose the ability to communicate with the DJI Phantom Quadcopter. Whenever this happens, you will not be able to tell the Phantom where to fly. This may result in loss of property or damage to your equipment.

Ouch.

John Lang

And, don't forget that it is against the law to fly a "drone" for commercial video/photo capture. The FAA might have some rules out next year about who can use them and how. Just tell the FAA these are for 'personal use'.

ecsh

I have had one for some time. Put it on GPS mode, go up 7-900 ft and rotate slowly and take pics. I have also put the downlink system on mine so i can see first person what the mounted camera "sees" as its flying.
Pretty cool.