The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gear help in Moscow Russia

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Ill be working on a project in Moscow this coming April if all goes according to plan and I have a few technical issues to work out with lighting , pocket wizards, laptop and shooting tethered at a live event. Okay first off this can't fail or I would cause havoc in multiple ways but I need to shoot tethered connected to MBP to live show screens with at least a pack and two heads and its most likely 3 solid straight hours with maybe a little break. I shoot and it gets projected on big screens.

Okay tethered is still not functioning the way I need with C1 and my Nikon. My sure cure way around it is shooting with a DF, P40 back tethered to my MBP. Honestly its the most reliable tethered ihaveever shot with , never a failure. This part I will work out on my own. My thoughts are bring my Dynalites and shoot with my pocket wizards which work very well together. Issue is taking lights to Russia and working in a diffrent voltage 220 over there which causes a certain amount of tech issues with inverters and such. But I need power for my MBP as well. Obviously renting Profotos is my real option as I have done that all over Europe in the past in Germany, France, England ,Norway and surrounding countries with much success since the voltage is set for those countries.

So I need a little help finding a rental house for them and with remotes. Not sure PW's work in Russia either as I had issues in the past with remotes. So some guidance there would be helpful. Also I guess I would need a certain plug for my MBP. Can I get away with just a converting adapter for my laptop.

Okay comrades I need your best advice. Looking on the net there are a ton of production companies and photographers so no lack of talent and technology in Moscow. I have gone places before that are very limited but Moscow does not have this issue.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
One other thing I use smugmug to sell these images. Is there a Russian website like smugmug that takes orders, prints and mails prints. Or just able to purchase a download.