The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nokia becomes Microsoft

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've never liked Microsoft much, but this makes perfect sense and might be what both companies need to survive:

Microsoft to acquire Nokia's smartphone business: Connect

That leaves us with three strong forces in the mobile device segment, Apple/iOS, Samsung/Android and MicroNokia/Windows 8. Hopefully, Microsoft will continue the development of the large sensor Lumia phones.

And if they don't I've already secured a Nokia Lumia 808 running Symbian :D
Photos here: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/small-sensor-cameras/43767-nokia-808-images-2.html#post534768

I can now sell all my other cameras and invest in Islay Whiskys instead :chug:

http://www.mcleanscotland.com/images/map4p.jpg

V

Vivek

Nokia-Microsoft, Kitkat-Google, ..

Kodak? They quit imaging!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
One commentator pointed out that Nokia has existed for 150 years and that their handset production has only been a part of the business for a very short part of that period. They have other, very strong legs to stand on.

Lars

Yep the Nokia that remains will be a different company, likely to compete with Ericsson and Cisco on the networks side.

Tim

The Nokia 6110 was one of my favorite phones ever.
I wish we could move on from these touch screen phones.
Right now development seems to have stagnated. :sleep006:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The Nokia 6110 was one of my favorite phones ever.
I wish we could move on from these touch screen phones.
Right now development seems to have stagnated. :sleep006:
There was never a better phone than the 8110i, my first Nokia :D