The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Funerals

BANKER1

Most funerals that I have attended lately have photos displayed. They give a type of history to the deceased and seem to be appreciated by both family and friends. Many times videos are shown as well.

At my father's funeral dinner after the service, I took the opportunity to take large family photos that are very precious to me. That seems to be the only time we can get all the family together, so it seems to be an opportune time. No one seemed to object at all. We also took a group shot after my mother-in-law's graveside service at a family cemetery in the countryside. Again, everyone seemed to be very agreeable to having their picture taken.

Greg

Tim

Its a strange thing, but I just don't feel the need to photograph a personal funeral in a huge documented way. Two or three carefully chosen images at most would suffice for me. Perhaps its my way of dealing with the loss.

Displaying images, for sure. The more the better for me.