The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A business question, advice needed!

M

mjr

Evening!

I have been approached by a local business who would like to offer their visitors the option of buying photographs of their visit and I'm looking in to the implications.

They want me take photographs of their customers or at their events, load images to my site and give these people the option of buying prints or digital downloads, anyone have any views on the legal issues?

Can I take photographs of these people in general or do I need specific approval from each person? Everyone visiting has paid to be there if that makes any difference so it isn't in a public place. My first thought was to take plenty of pictures in bulk, have a page they can log on to so it is semi-private and then they can look through and pick what they want.

Any issues with this plan? I don't want to rush in and say yes if there are likely to be problems with privacy etc.

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

Mat