The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Check these photos out. Makes me feel like giving up...

turtle

Some beautiful photos. Some are a bit too 'shopped when they don't need to be, IMHO, but one heck of a collection of one's own children!

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Thanks for sharing . Thats the best set of children’s photographs I ve ever seen anyplace . She is blessed with magic light and beautiful subjects ..but her photos exceed that and are truly brilliant .

jonoslack

bit cheesy some of them - but others are fantastic. Thanks for sharing . . . it doesn't make me want to give up though, quite the contrary.

k-hawinkler

I don't feel the need to criticize Elena Shumilova and her work as one can prefer different styles but still acknowledge her accomplishments in what I would consider a pretty unique situation.

M

mjr

Great images, it shows to me how important subject is, I don't care what she shot them with, just that they are beautiful captures. No need to give up at all, quite inspirational, even if I don't aspire to take the same type of shots.

Mat

jonoslack

Hi KarlHeinz - I wasn't meaning to be critical - I think they're absolutely fantastic. I also realise that, having brought up our kids in the countryside, I have definitely had the opportunity to take shots like this . . . . I just haven't done it!

. . . . and Mat - it may help to have a good subject, but hey - these are better than that!

What it makes me want to do is to sell off all this kit and just concentrate on one camera and a couple of lenses

k-hawinkler

Hi KarlHeinz - I wasn't meaning to be critical - I think they're absolutely fantastic. . . . and Mat - it may help to have a good subject, but hey - these are better than that!

What it makes me want to do is to sell off all this kit and just concentrate on one camera and a couple of lenses

Thanks Jono. I perfectly can understand that.

In a field I am familiar with, namely high end computing, there seem to be two modes of operation, using the machines to do science or improving hardware and/or software, including algorithms to advance the state of the art. I know many folks who prefer one or the other, but also quite a few folks who alternate between the two modes.

The actual way of working and mind set is quite different for the two modes.
To me it seems in this context photography is quite similar. :)

Cheers, Karl-Heinz.

jonoslack

Thanks Jono. I perfectly can understand that.

In a field I am familiar with, namely high end computing, there seem to be two modes of operation, using the machines to do science or improving hardware and/or software, including algorithms to advance the state of the art. I know many folks who prefer one or the other, but also quite a few folks who alternate between the two modes.

The actual way of working and mind set is quite different for the two modes.
To me it seems in this context photography is quite similar. :)

Cheers, Karl-Heinz.
Hi Karl-Heinz

Well, I'm not sure that I"m very 'high end' - but I do have a software business, and photography had mostly been an escape from that rigour. I quite agree that a different mindset is required for the two modes, and I feel I'm in danger of muddling them up.

Going back to a couple of Leica bodies and half a dozen lenses might set things straight!