The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

If you are in Iceland tomorrow, I have a show opening at the National Museum...

Stuart Richardson

I wanted to post this here, since I know some people here might be interested. I am showing a few images from my streetlight series in a small solo show at the National Museum of Iceland. The opening is tomorrow, the 14th at 3pm. The show will be open until the end of the year. I am also going to be doing a book along with the show, but that has not been released yet. If you are interested in reading a bit more about it, there is some information here: Sodium Sun | Scheduled exhibitions | Temporary Exhibitions | English | Þjóðminjasafn Íslands

There will only be four images in the show, but they are 1mX1.5m (40x60"). All the images were shot on the S2. I printed them on the Epson 9900 on Hahnemühle Photo Rag Baryta.

You can find some of the images from the series on my website. Sodium Sun - Stuart Richardson Photography

I doubt anyone will be around, but if so, do let me know!

Shashin

Well done. I hope the show goes very well.

Even though I live in Maine and can drive to Sweden, Denmark, China, Peru, Moscow, Lisbon, and Paris in a day, ironically, I cannot get to Iceland.

D&A

Congratulations Stuart...we'll done and I'm sure the show will be a success. Iceland is at the top of my list of destinations to visit and photohraph. Of course I can accomplish that and see your show if R/T tickets are forwarded :).

Always enjoyed your posted images and am sure many will be impressed upon viewing. Best of luck.

Dave (D&A)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Good luck with the exhibition, Stuart, I wish I could go there and see the large 40x60" prints !

Stuart Richardson

Thank you all for the congratulations! I am sorry I did not come back here sooner...things have been quite busy. For all who can't make the show but are interested in the photos, I am also planning on doing a book which should be printed some time in July. I will post later with pictures and details for anyone who is interested!
Thanks again...the opening went quite well, and people seem to be enjoying the work.
Best,
Stuart