The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Uwe Steinmuller has passed away

rayyan

Very sad news indeed.
A very gracious contributor to this forum.

Condolences to his family and friends.

May Uwe rest in peace.

manouch shirzad

Workshop & Subscriber Member
I am very saddened to hear of Uwe's passing.

I had the chance to get to know him at a workshop he was leading in Utah in 2007. He was a lovely person and knowledgable photographer. He will be missed.

My condolences to Bettina.
-----------
Manouch

etrigan63

The Art of Photography has just lost one of its great champions. Take pictures of Heaven for us Uwe, we will all come see your gallery in the future.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Oh, so sad.
In 2012 and 13 I had some email conversation with Uwe, he was always so kind and helpful.
My deepest condolences to his wife Bettina and to his family.
I'm going to miss having Uwe around here.
/Steen

Michiel Schierbeek

Just only now I red about Uwe passing away. Very sad news.

I mostly remember him from the Blending thread In the M43 forum and also from the Sigma DPm2 thread. He was a master in blending textures in their carefully composed photographs.
I never met him in person but we spoke on skype several times about photography and about their moving back to Germany.
He was so kind to place some of my photographs with the DPm2 on their Website Outbackphoto because he liked them and I was flattered.

My condolences for Bettina and his family, very sad.
Michiel Schierbeek

S

Shelby Lewis

This saddens me. I always felt like I had done good work when Uwe "liked" one of my photos or commented... his sense of craft and composition was always appealing to my eye.

RIP Uwe.

My condolences as well for Bettina and his family,
Shelby Lewis

sirimiri

Uwe was one of those guys, that when he posted, upon reading it for the first time time I thought to myself "here's a guy that cares about image making and also clearly enjoys all aspects of it, including the simple or complex banter."

I send my regards and condolences to his family and friends - and that also means the GetDPI family.

drofnad

Wow, what a loss! Uwe was a charming intelligent contributor to the photo community. He will be missed.
Yes, even to quite an amateur (me), this was apparent.
(I had so hoped the truncated thread title "... has passed"
would expand to some landmark count of something.)

-d.

Brian Mosley

I've only just picked up this from another thread here - how deeply, deeply sad we have lost a wonderful leader of the photographic community.

My heart goes out to Bettina and those he knew and loved.

Rest in peace old friend.

Brian

kweide

Just came back from a long tour to Sicily and now i am shocked and down... My heart goes with his family...

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
I can't believe I didn't hear about Uwe until now! I noticed www.outbackphoto.net seemed to have vanished when I went to see if there was something new up, so googled it and discovered Uwe had passed away. :( I remember meeting him the first time around 2002 or 2003 when shooting Monarch butterflies in Pacific Grove. We chatted a bit and over the years whenever I ran into him I always enjoyed his company.