The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

When is a picture / post NSFW or just an environmental picture?

iiiNelson

Such a wellspring of anti-Feline sentiment on this forum! Watch out or the Society Of Automatic Censure Towards Cat Haters will be after you all!

Note:
I neither like nor dislike cats. They believe they're the master race, and I know they're wrong, but otherwise we get along. Although I don't invite them to live with me.

A squad of Polar Bears has taken up residence. They keep the cats away... ]:)

onwards,
G

Haha...Fair enough.

I guess my flaw (or my gift depending on who you ask) is I don't care THAT much what people think about me. It's probably not my business to know anyway otherwise they'd express it verbally or through action.

iiiNelson

Cats are far nicer than most people I've met.

- Leigh
I hear people say that and I hear people say that their cat is kinda like a dog but I haven't met one that actually was.

The thing is cats usually like me... I can't reciprocate that love towards them. I'm just more of a dog person when it comes to pets. The personality of a dog is more agreeable with mine and they are infinitely more useful for me.

Leigh

The personality of a dog is more agreeable with mine and they are infinitely more useful for me.
I certainly will agree with the "usefulness" attribute.

And dogs can be excellent companions. I had a Shelty (miniature Collie) when I was growing up. Wonderful dog.

I'm just much more comfortable with cats now. They're as affectionate as anyone could wish... but on their terms and their timing.

- Leigh

iiiNelson

I certainly will agree with the "usefulness" attribute.

And dogs can be excellent companions. I had a Shelty (miniature Collie) when I was growing up. Wonderful dog.

I'm just much more comfortable with cats now.

- Leigh
Fair enough. I don't even own a pet right now. Just no time for one with my schedule. I'd like a larger dog (more than likely something wolf like in appearance or a mastiff) once things slow down with work and travel but who knows when that'll be. My woman wants a "lap dog" which I wouldn't mind provided it's not too yappy.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Admittedly I'm a serious dog lover. We lost our Big English pointer a couple months ago a favorite postings of Drake hit the forum numerous times best dog on the Mancuso planet and my 17 year old is determined to get a new dog as soon as we get home from vacation. As far as cats they just seem sneaky to me although very bright animals I just never warmed up to them. Guess the big things with dogs is they live me more than my spouse. I don't mean my spouse does not but dogs love having a master, not sure cats really do. As a family man I thoroughly enjoy the dedication of dogs to there masters.
Now maybe that's true with cats not sure but they don't like me much. I always am able to go up to any dog and have a moment to enjoy each other. Always

Guy Mancuso

Damn iPhone spelling seriously they can't get love correctly.

Okay happy hour has started and a party on the beach patio is about to brew. Anything I say from this point on is subject to conjecture. Dang is that the right word. Lol

My 2 favorite places to reside the beach and New York. So one may ask WTF you doing in the desert. Not sure I really have a answer. Lol

Leigh

... dogs love having a master, not sure cats really do.
Nope.

Cats ARE the masters.

They tolerate the presence of humans because we provide food, shelter, toys, and amusement for them.

As if that's not already obvious, cats are the smartest creatures on the planet.

If you throw a ball and tell a dog to fetch it, he will do so.

If you throw a ball and tell a cat to fetch it, he'll ask why you threw away something you wanted. :eek: :clap: ;)

- Leigh

Guy Mancuso

Okay I do want Ben to come back but we need to understand one thing here we are individuals that are not always responsible for our race, religion, country and/
or politics. We simply cannot not blame anyone on what's going on in there neck of the woods and hold them responsible for it. Period
We all have our own views, opinions and beliefs and we can't hold a individual responsible for something they can't control. We are a very diverse group here and we need to embrace those differences. That's all I'm going to say but we need to love and respect each other. We need to rise above the rift of the world and be friends.

Tim

To try to cheer you all up with a bit of levity.
Here is what happens when you do a 180, the subject is clothed... but... not the photographer

Read the text and have a look at the images.

I do hope this is SFW - Utah Photojournalist - yeah, it should be.

I think image #2 is gold. I just love her expression.
#4 actually made me laugh looking at him.

fotografz

Admittedly I'm a serious dog lover. We lost our Big English pointer a couple months ago a favorite postings of Drake hit the forum numerous times best dog on the Mancuso planet and my 17 year old is determined to get a new dog as soon as we get home from vacation. As far as cats they just seem sneaky to me although very bright animals I just never warmed up to them. Guess the big things with dogs is they live me more than my spouse. I don't mean my spouse does not but dogs love having a master, not sure cats really do. As a family man I thoroughly enjoy the dedication of dogs to there masters.
Now maybe that's true with cats not sure but they don't like me much. I always am able to go up to any dog and have a moment to enjoy each other. Always
Hmmm, I think my dog is actually a cat disguised as a dog in order to get more treats.:ROTFL:

- Marc

iiiNelson

If you throw a ball and tell a dog to fetch it, he will do so.

If you throw a ball and tell a cat to fetch it, he'll ask why you threw away something you wanted. :eek: :clap: ;)

- Leigh
Our dogs have always been adaptable to us. They got 5-10 minutes of playtime then it was time to relax and chill out. Outside of that they had to entertain themselves without being destructive.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Georg, I do want that TS lens as well and I know this little bank in........ :chug:
Two ski masked people, stupidly both having sony camera's dangling from their neck enter this little bank in........ ...

Michiel: "Listen up everyone, give us all your money!"
Georg: "Hurry up now, we took Angela Merkel as a hostage, and if you don't give us all your money.... we will set her free again!

A few moments later, two very rich people leave this little bank in........
;)

Michiel Schierbeek

"Hey you there with that big ugly Canon camera with that silly hump on it, put it here on the desk for me."

"But I have to photograph this bank and get the perpective straight"

"You can go straight to *#@^ if you don't put it right in front of me here on the desk and take Angela with you when you leave"

Last edited:

W.Utsch

Ohhh, folks please not ME AGAIN, i have an ugly Canon (not used to much anymore) and a TSE (24) and we have Angela...:):)

Michiel Schierbeek

Oké Werner, you can give the Canon to me :) because I am still without a FF camera, the rep said it can take another 14 days before my A7r is repared that will be one month's in total. :scry:

W.Utsch

Sh..(Beep):), bad speculation, thought nobody will take the ugly one, have still the beauty Angela to offer....