The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Road to Moab

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
These are from the Petrified National Forest MF with 28mm and 150mm lenses. I could spend several days here. Nice Bob
More tomorrow. Dead man walking

Guy Mancuso

Couple more one from Petrified Forest and one from Canyon De Chelly. Need to get ready for more here , it snowed last night in Canyon De Chelly so we should be waking up to some dusting. Also big storm hit Moab last night so again looks like we hit perfect timing. Thanks to Farmer Almanac Jack we don't seem to miss much. We will be in Moab tonight for sunset.

Lars

Major envy here. Really.

Jack, as your photo om Canyon de Chelly points out, one should never tear down until it's pitch dark. Best light is often too dark to see with the naked eye.

bensonga

Great photos folks....we are all envious of your trip! I especially liked the 6 shot pano of Canyon de Chelly. Panos in a place like that are really appealing to me. Wish I could have been there to see it. I have many fond memories of weekends spent shooting in the Sedona and northern Arizona area in the mid-80s, before I moved to Alaska. Never made it to the Petrefied Forest....but Zion, Bryce, Arches and Monument Valley were all great experiences.

Enjoy the trip and keep those photos coming!!

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Guy Mancuso

Major envy here. Really.

Jack, as your photo om Canyon de Chelly points out, one should never tear down until it's pitch dark. Best light is often too dark to see with the naked eye.
Honestly I was running a fever and shivering really bad. Otherwise not a issue. My health comes first. But yes it is a great lesson wait till it's dark. LOL

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I wonder if they excavate Guy's backyard in a couple of million years if they'll find a petrified gear forrest. ;)

Kurt

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Guy, Bob and Jack:

Totally amazing pictures. So nice to see the workshop Road to Moab thread.
I am completely stoked at the captures...keep them coming, between this and Death Valley I cannot imagine a better environment for the landscape photographer.

I have decided to start a new thread in the MF forum for all of us at home who a left with the more mundane shooting environs..."in my backyard."

Stay safe.

Bob

Guy Mancuso

Couple more g1 shots with the kit lens here 2 from Canyon De Chelley and one from Moab balance Rock with the long zoom. I have more G1 stuff but will not be shooting it the rest of the week. One of our workshop members camera is just not up to date and I just want to make sure he has nice images to go home with, so I am lending him my G1 for the rest of the trip. Jack and I are really not shooting much but more involved in others getting there images well done.

Guy Mancuso

Last one for tonight this is in Moab and credit to Jack for knowing the crescent moon tonight. Mamiya 150mm ten second exposure. With that Good Night

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Bob - the Balanced Rock pano is wonderful, nicely done!

Guy - Lots of nice things in the composition of the first one from the g1 shots with the kit lens from Canyon De Chelley, nice eye, as always. Get some rest.

Dale Allyn

Great stuff, folks. I'm glad that you're meeting with a good mix of snow-dustings, clouds, etc. It looks to be a really good trip for you all.

Cheers,

Dale