The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Road to Moab

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Have so much damn gear here it is scary. In my car alone with three Phase shooters and the M8 gear plus what leica sent me for us to play with it is just downright scary. My car filled is worth the most expensive HOUSE in Moab and maybe 2. Besides that we are high jacking Doug from CI. Even more toys to play with.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Interesting rundown of shooters

2 Hassy shooters
4 Phase shooters
9 M8 shooters or more lost count
2 Nikon shooters
2 Canon shooters
4 G1 shooters
3 Tech Camera owners

Plus let's not forget what there not telling me they own. LOL

It is actually great we have this diversity in gear. You get to learn a lot of the other systems

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here is one from me to demo a few of the processing techniques we've taught so far this week. Running a little danger here because these are off my laptop and not Guy's big color managed machine, but here you go. First is the file as it looked straight out of the camera, the second is the worked version:

Cheers,

D

ddk

Have so much damn gear here it is scary. In my car alone with three Phase shooters and the M8 gear plus what leica sent me for us to play with it is just downright scary. My car filled is worth the most expensive HOUSE in Moab and maybe 2. Besides that we are high jacking Doug from CI. Even more toys to play with.
I thought so, what did you say your license plate was?

WOW! looks great on my desktop display.

tm

Here is one from me to demo a few of the processing techniques we've taught so far this week. Running a little danger here because these are off my laptop and not Guy's big color managed machine, but here you go. First is the file as it looked straight out of the camera, the second is the worked version:

Cheers,

Clawery

Should Dave and I be expecting a ransom note soon for Doug and all the gear he has? :shocked:

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
[email protected]
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year

877-217-9870 | National
404-234-5195 | Cell

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Should Dave and I be expecting a ransom note soon for Doug and all the gear he has? :shocked:
You might need to send search and rescue instead --- we can't keep him out of the parks for more than about two hours at a time!

Seriously, I am pretty sure he slept there the other night just to do a star trail long exposure. When I questioned him on sleep, he said something that sounded like, "I'll get plenty of sleep when I'm dead."

:D,

monza

Nice stuff guys. I'm enjoying this thread. Makes me want to take a trip out west soon. :)

Question: what tripod and ballhead would you guys recommend for a G1 for a similar Moab Road Trip?

Don Libby

There's stunning stuff here guys!

While I'm glad I went to the Redwoods I still would have liked to be along with you guys - the images are making it feel just that way.

don

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Wish I could have gone, but I'm currently working on bootstrapping a new venture and am working mainly for equity, so have neither time or money! Which is unusual, since usually I have plenty of money but no time. :(

Terry

Bob,
The river shot is really nice. I regret not shooting down along there last year.

LOVE the new avatar. Very Hugh Heffner/Thurson Howell (gilligan's island). Nice cropping with the hand.