The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Road to Moab

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
#1 - Arches - Moonrise over the Courthouse

#2 - Arches - From behind "Window Arch"

#3 - Arches - From inside "Double Arch"

#4 - Arches - Another from inside "Double Arch"

#5 - Arches - The Garden of Eden

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
#1 - Arches - Sunrise at Park Avenue Canyon

#2 - Arches - Entrance to Park Avenue canyon

#3 - Monument Valley

#4 - Monument Valley - view from the "View Hotel"

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Terry and Cindy. I learn a lot from the other photographers on these trips - we have a very talented group! I've been working on my composition, using the techniques that Guy and Jack have been teaching.

Mike

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm smiling. LOL

If this thread is any indication there is certainly a bunch of very talented shooters on hand, age group about 27 to 84. Pretty cool

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
You should be smiling Guy, wonderful stuff from everyone. Some great new additions by Steve, Mike S., and the awe inspiring Mr. Hatam!!!

Mike H - I see you went back for another shot through Windows to Turret Arch and you really nailed it. Well done!! I imagine the trek was less treacherous this year.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Charlie. The hike was actually even more treacherous this year - the small trail that went around the perimiter has caved in, so the only way to get out to that rock point is to climb down into the bowl, and then climb up the steep wall below the rock point to get up to the platform to shoot.

The good news is that there was no snow to deal with this year, otherwise I would not have even tried it.

Mike

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Guy and Jack are really to be congratulated, along with all of the participants, on the results from this workshop. I have really enjoyed these images.

D

DougDolde

Great shots Mike. The only one that bothers me is #2 - Arches - Entrance to Park Avenue canyon with the OOF background.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks for the comment Doug. I know that type of shot is certainly not for everyone. Interestingly, when I show my shots to people in person, that one gets more praise than any other.

Mike

Lloyd

Thanks for the comment Doug. I know that type of shot is certainly not for everyone. Interestingly, when I show my shots to people in person, that one gets more praise than any other.

Mike

That shot caught me short when I first saw it, but then the more I looked, the more I liked it. Now it's one of my faves of this whole thread... and that's saying something. I LOVE #4, btw. :toocool:

MikeScecina

Workshop Member
I really like the Entrance to Park Avenue also, Mike. A unique perspective and composition indeed. And I think you took the only photo of Spider Rock...your optimism and perseverance paying off there.