The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is Clarence Thomas Asleep?

bensonga

No, surely not Clarence. Can't be. He was just deep in thought. Deep, very deep. :ROTFL:

No disrespect intended, of course.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

O

Oxide Blu

Don't know if Thomas is asleep, but the big guy behind him and to the right definitely is.

That is a pretty cool megapixel. It is also the first photo I have seen of the inauguration...and it's a big one.

O

Oxide Blu

I looked at the video, went to the manfr's website.

The Gigapan is definitely one of those toys that I don't need, gotta have, don't need, gotta have ...

beamon

Wouldn't be Surprised....:eek:
Not Very Fond of his General Views in the Supreme Court :mad:
Ok, and from the loyal opposition...
It is their lack of "General Views" that I like about both Thomas and Scalia. Strict Constitutionalists have my admiration. :)

Now, is he asleep? I think so. Cold temps often bring on sleepiness in some folks.

Great technology for sure. Yo-Yo Ma is in the preferred seats and is standing to take a picture with his iPhone. See him? (Hint: his cello at his feet may be easier to spot than him.)

O

Oxide Blu

... I like about both Thomas and Scalia. Strict Constitutionalists have my admiration. :)

Well, that kind of leaves out Scalia. He's a strict Constitutionalist only when it is convenient to be so.

In April 2004 -- ... AP sent reporter Denise Grones to Hattiesburg, Mississippi, to cover a speech by U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. She ended up being the unwilling subject of her own story.

As Scalia spoke, a United States Marshal stepped in front of Denise and demanded that she turn over the digital recording she was making to back up her notes. She tried to say no, but the marshal ignored her and erased Justice Scalia’s words from memory on the spot.

Grones has said that he "right" -- and make no mistake, the press had a right to cover Scalia's speech -- her right to cover Scalia's speech was trampled on when Scalia pointed her out to the US Marshal Service. That is when the marshal confiscated her PROTECTED recording.

Fast forward, 3-years to May 2007 -- The investigation began after a marshal seized the tapes of Hattiesburg American reporter Antoinette Konz and Associated Press reporter Denise Grones.

The marshal said she acted at the direction of Scalia.

The Hattiesburg American and the Associated Press later successfully sued the Marshals Service. Scalia also sent written apologies to the reporters, saying the marshal had not acted at his direction.

Perhaps Scalia is less a "Consitutionalist", and less honest than he would have us believe. Unless, of course, you believe both the Marshal and the AP reported are lying. :rolleyes: