The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Website well worth visiting.

V

Vivek

My friend and occasional shooting companion, Mark Dubuvoy, has just published a new website that is rather different from the norm. I highly recommend it.

The Best of Photography: Images, Articles, Opinion, Reviews and Techniques - Photo Aesthetics
I was truly taken when I saw that fabulous cover picture. A little dabbling into the site gave confusing impressions.

Then I saw this: Best way to carry a Leica M Outfit? - Photo Aesthetics - Photo Aesthetics

Anyone into camera bag aesthetics and has a site for it (or an article about it), hmm, that is dime a dozen. Very disappointing.

fotografz

My friend and occasional shooting companion, Mark Dubuvoy, has just published a new website that is rather different from the norm. I highly recommend it.

The Best of Photography: Images, Articles, Opinion, Reviews and Techniques - Photo Aesthetics
Thanks Bill. The story telling aspect is refreshing. The "Great White Shark" adventure is a good read, punctuated by some ferocious pics.

Wide range of subjects ... but one need not click on all of them:rolleyes:

- Marc

jlm

Workshop Member
interesting. liked the comments about ansel and edward.

in the swiss made bit, i learned you can shoot a phase back in "bulb" mode, popping the flash to build light, no shutter at all

Godfrey

Seems okay. A bit too much eye candy and frippery in the site design for my tastes.

Some of the articles seem well written when the subject is about a photo or series of photos and the story behind them. Some of the photos are nice, others are not to my taste, as normal.

Other articles ... I looked at the equipment article on the M cases and closed it almost immediately. Bleck: hyper-expensive leather belt carry systems are not at all interesting to me.

Still looking for what I want in a photo site, blog, or magazine that isn't "all about equipment." Some are okay, most are pretty crummy.

G