The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Fine Resolve ...

Godfrey

So I have actually started the "two prints per week" project. It always amazes me how much stuff you have to think through when you want to actually produce something... :)

All this talk of size and gigunda prints. Sizing for this project's prints is a concern as the prints have to be easily storable and transportable. With around 100 prints per year as the project's output, large scale prints are simply out of the question: I have no place to store them, never mind that I have no place to hang them.

All prints will be made to 13x19" half sheet, or 13x9.5", to begin. I think that will get trimmed down just a little bit because I found a good supply of storage boxes in 9x12 as well as clear bags in 9x12 size. I've ordered one box and 100 clear bags; when they arrive, I'll know the precise final dimensions and can then trim existing prints as well as my printing template for them.

That's a nice size for hand-held viewing, works nicely on the wall for a modest sized room, and is close to what I can produce in a book publication.

I've created a flickr album to track the prints I've made. I've got the first week's print images in there now... https://flic.kr/s/aHsk6Wcm4J

onwards!
G

Godfrey

Woo hoo! 9x12 storage box and 9x12 sleeves have arrived. Now I will evaluate just exactly how to set my template and the cuts needed to make the weekly prints. Numbers 3 and 4 are picked, but I'll wait until I play with the sizing of the paper and the template to print as I'll want to print 1 and 2 over again, most likely.

Fun fun fun. :)

G