The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Well, I've started on it

Tim

For close on a decade I've promised myself to scan my 35mm negs and slides. The bulk of them reach back to about 1979 with some as far back as 1969. Previous to this I did my wife's family's slides, some 20 odd boxes of 36. My turn now.

The issue was I didn't have a place to setup and leave it. Now I do.

Right now I am not happy with the IQ coming from the scanner. I have a Minolta 5400II and its results are varying, something to work on. Dust on the frames reminds me that digital has some advantages.

The journey of seeing those images as you go is exciting, seeing images you long ago forgot you took.

Godfrey

Wonderful. I did a batch of mine that spanned from '69 to '96 last year, about 250 of them. There's a bunch of really interesting stuff in there ... mostly family, friends, places, etc.

Got tons more, just haven't had time to focus on that project.

Good luck with it!

G

Tim

Thanks G,

I guess its one reason we take photos, to travel back in time to when it was.
Some are getting the full tiff treatment.

Here is some results I forgot I ever made.