The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Easy come, easy go ...

4season

It's hard to keep enthusiasm in check and stay objective.
Yeah I've been there a few times myself. I don't know about you, Godfrey, but I've realized that I can cook up a justification for buying just about anything and sometimes I even believe it right up to the time I unload it on eBay. :ROTFL:

(He said, as he eyed the Olympus EM10 for it's Color Creator feature)

Godfrey

Yeah I've been there a few times myself. I don't know about you, Godfrey, but I've realized that I can cook up a justification for buying just about anything and sometimes I even believe it right up to the time I unload it on eBay. :ROTFL:

(He said, as he eyed the Olympus EM10 for it's Color Creator feature)
I try not to believe the justifications and rationalizations anymore. Sometimes I succeed at that. ;-) More and more, I just accept that I like to try different cameras and see what they do.

This has been an interesting cycle. It basically led me back around to pretty much what I already had, although updated with the latest sensor and such. That's revealing something to me.

Anyway, I fitted the Macro-Elmarit 45 onto the E-PL7 today, and the VF-4 EVF. Outfitted like this, in the leather half case, it loses some of that small camera feel and begins to approach the E-M1 in overall size. Doing a very short walk today, with the camera set up this way, I learned a few more nuances of how it works in the hand. And it is good, very good.

What I bought it for is one thing. What it ends up being in use might be something else. It is quite a nice piece of equipment, and if the photos I see out it today are any indication, it holds its own with the E-M1 and Sony A7.

G

Godfrey

I'm so delighted with the E-PL7 I decided to expand its dedicated lens set a little bit..

I took the rest of the money from returning the FZ1000 and put it towards a couple of compact zooms for it: 14-42/3.5-5.6 EZ and 40-150/4-5.6. So now in addition to my BCL 15 and 9FE, Lumix 14/2.5 + wide converter (shared with the E-M1), I have a zoom range out to 300mm equivalent. All small, light, very carry-able.

Great little camera, a versatile complement to the Leica X and a great camera in its own right.

G