The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Poetry and Photography

J

JohnW

April is National Poetry Month in the U.S. I thought I would share some poem/photo pairings throughout the month.

I'll host them on my site, only because I like that presentation better. I'll shoot for Wednesday and weekend posts, and will continue adding links to this thread.

If anyone else has the same interest, please feel free to share here.

Here's the first one: Amrit Vela

John

V

Vivek

Good stuff, John. :thumbs:

I will be checking your site.

I have a total (TOTAL) disconnect between these two. What was there long time ago isn't there anymore and what is here now isn't related to the one that is lost.

J

JohnW

Happy Easter, everyone. Especially so to our Christian friends.

Poem 3 for National Poetry Month: Even Today.

J

JohnW

This short poem represented somewhat of a paradigm shift for me when I wrote it a few years ago. It's been helpful through some tough times, and still remains so.

Poem and photo pairing number 5 for National Poetry Month: If You Must

J

JohnW

Not much interest in my topic here on GetDPI. But I'll finish out the month nonethelsess.

Something a little lighter for poem/photo pairing 6 for National Poetry Month: Five Gifts

The "five gifts" refers to the five words of my mantra, given many years ago by my spiritual master, and still such a central part of my life.

J

JohnW

This is poem/photo pairing 7 for National Poetry Month: The Offering

The poem won the Chicagoland Poetry Competition a few years back. My wife says it's her favorite among my poems. I'm still very moved by it after all these years. Hope you enjoy the poem and photo.

John

J

JohnW

This poem is a wonderful memory from a late night forty-five years ago when me and my 20-something friends had rented a farmhouse for the summer near the Jersey shore. It's funny how some memories stay with you over the years. And great how photography and poetry can preserve them.

The poem was published in the 15th anniversary Passager anthology from the University of Baltimore.

Poem/photo pairing 8 for National Poetry Month: What the Night Offers.

J

JohnW

A little posting here, but these are the last two photo/poem pairings for April, National Poetry month.

Thanks for following along. Not a lot of interest, but I see from the site metrics that many GetDPI folks have been reading them. Thanks again.

John

The Line

Ripening